New ACR owner from Georgia.
Join Today
    Forum Lurker

New ACR owner from Georgia.

So, I’m a new ACR owner. Kinda “lucked” into the purchase of a new in case, never fired ACR from around 2012 that was manufactured in Ilion, NY. I’ve had ARs over the years so I feel kinda familiar with the platform just not sure If I like it or not. Not sure if I’m gonna keep it or not. What to do?

FYI... it’s a Bushmaster ACR Enhanced 5.56\.223 in black.
    Last edited by ziffen; 08-11-2020 at 07:18 PM.

I guess it depends on what you find iffy about the ACR.

Since it's the Enhanced, I'll go out on a limb and say that the weight is an issue. If that's the case then you should look at a lighter handguard first, and looking at GunBroker you'd find better deals here. Other weight savings would require a solid commitment to the rifle.

You can also replace the trigger with most any Geissele AR-15 trigger. The only caveat is that you'll have to keep the ACR hammer spring since that is part of the safety selector mechanism.
    Last edited by HibikiR; 08-11-2020 at 08:47 PM.

CAR
    Forum Lurker
    I still think the AR is tops in a 5.56mm rifle, but the ACR is a very good alternative and I do like the ACR better than any of the piston driven ARs. The best thing you can do to your ACR are some of the lightening modifications developed for the barrel/trunnion assemblies and replacement of the safety lever if you have the original old style polymer assembly.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ACRForum.com
    Advertisements

Forum Lurker
    Quote Originally Posted by ziffen View Post
    So, I’m a new ACR owner. Kinda “lucked” into the purchase of a new in case, never fired ACR from around 2012 that was manufactured in Ilion, NY. I’ve had ARs over the years so I feel kinda familiar with the platform just not sure If I like it or not. Not sure if I’m gonna keep it or not. What to do?

FYI... it’s a Bushmaster ACR Enhanced 5.56\.223 in black.

Are you selling your ACR?

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search for related topics.