First ACR!! But should I keep it?
Join Today
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Matseur

Thread: First ACR!! But should I keep it?

First ACR!! But should I keep it?

Hey guys finally was able to grab a Coyote Windham ACR with Bushy marked pmags. Has some slight use marks but overall pretty good. I'm just curious though if I should keep it due to lack of spare parts etc. Especially now that Bushmaster is no more
    Attached Images Attached Images
    horseman04 likes this.

Forum Lurker
    LOL, saw your post on FB this morning. I say keep it. Like the other guys said, just don't feed it .300 Black Out.

What's the story on the .300 BLK?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Peace Through Superior Firepower.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ACRForum.com
    Advertisements

Forum Lurker
    Keep it it will run thousands of rounds without Problems, but if you want to sale let me know. I have lots of parts for the acr ! Would buy another one in a minute!!

Forum Lurker
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan19 View Post
    What's the story on the .300 BLK?
    .300 BO is a shortened 5.56 case necked up to use 7.62 bullets; it is designed to require only an upper/barrel (depending on the rifle design) swap to use. Same magazines, same bolt head, etc... Because of the overall length and the ogive of the bullet, it can still chamber in a 5.56 chamber. Firing it will cause an overpressure and basically extrude the bullet as far as it can through the barrel before the bolt breaks-which it will. There was a dude on the FB page who did it and it destroyed his ACR; the barrel didn't burst but the bolt split and couldn't be removed from the chamber and the receiver was bulged. IIRC Remington sold him a new rifle at reduced cost or something

So dude tried to fire a .300blk through his 5.56, blew up his rifle and got a discount on a replacement? I’m not sure it’s a good idea to help this guy get another weapon into his hands...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Peace Through Superior Firepower.

Forum Lurker
    Yeah agreed. That’s like buying a kid a Camaro and then giving him another after he drunkenly wraps it around a tree

Forum Lurker
    Quote Originally Posted by Matseur View Post
    I'm just curious though if I should keep it due to lack of spare parts etc. Especially now that Bushmaster is no more
    Keep it. Bushmaster/Remington maybe a cluster-fuck but that is normal; you'll get used to it. The biggest thing is I'd say to get is the new charging handle tray if you don't have it already. I've heard the older style charging handle tray starts to have issues once you get up into the higher round count. Other than that you'll be fine; the ACR is not going die anytime soon.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search for related topics.