New ACR owner from Ukraine
Join Today
    Forum Lurker

New ACR owner from Ukraine

Hi. My name is Oleksandr and I finally got myself an ACR.

Prices on new ones here in Ukraine are $5400 and that is simply an obscene amount of money for a .223 rifle.
    Luckily I found a used ACR Enhanced with Geissele ACR trigger and a TTA Gladio comp.

The build is not ready yet as Vortex Razor UH-1 has not arrived yet. And Midwest industries long hand guard is not even ordered yet.

I'm interested in 6.8 SPC, 300 blackout, 7,62x39 and 5,45x39 kits but getting permissions and documentation to import them would be a bureaucratic nightmare. But I'm willing to go through it.

Great thanks tobigdog2003_99,for his support of this platform.

Photos will be added later when the build is at least partly finished and scopes are zeroed properly.

Thank you and greetings from Ukraine.

Welcome to the forum!

Forum Lurker
    Thank you.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ACRForum.com
    Advertisements

Welcome to the forum man! Hopefully with the new ruling with ITAR it will make it easier to get stuff outside of the country. I'm sure import laws will still suck but overall at least one side of the deal might have gotten easier.

I should hopefully have alot more updates to the Acr throughout the year. I'm scheduling out the jobs now and getting material in hand now.
    Rest in Peace Franny
    Employee BBC Armament 07/02
    Email me for questions or Acr barrel conversions (remove spaces)
    templarprecision @ yahoo.com
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Forum Lurker
    Thank you. That is great news. US legal site is the harder side for me to deal with. I can get the necessary permits and documentation in 1-2 month unless off course we have a full scale invasion, monetary default or toppling of current incompetent and treasones government.

You are the most competent ACR person that I'm aware of. I would like to send you photos of operating parts of the rifle to determine if I need any replacement parts. I will pay for your time off course.

Once again Thank you.

Forum Lurker
    Welcome to the forum and thanks for posting! When you have some time someday, I would be interested to hear about the gun laws in Ukraine. Glad to hear you could get your hands on an ACR. I wonder what else is available there

Forum Lurker
    Gun laws here are somewhat stupid in the "it makes sense on paper" kind of way. There is no actual law signed by the legislative body. All civilian gun and explosive ownership is regulated by Order 622 by Ministry of Internal Affairs from 21.08.1998. Here is a the current version of the document. You can google translate it but expect some mistranslations. https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/z0637-98

Long story short:
    1. Long guns only. No SBRs. No SBS. No pistols for average civilian. It's possible to get a rubber bullet pistol but it's a pain int the ass.
    2. No full auto. No burst fire. Semi auto only.
    3. Hunting knives and airguns(including airsoft) from 18 years old. smooth bore guns from 21 years old. Rifles from 25 years old.
    4. Rifles with length of less then 800mm must not have the ability to fire with stock folded. I had to fix my ACR folding stock to comply with this regulation.
    5. Civilians cannot have more that 4 rounds of hard core ammo of the same type (steel, tungsten carbide etc.)
    6. Use of firearms for self defense is possible on your own property or if you attacked by more than 1 person. And even then you may go to jail.
    7. Suppressors are mostly legal. Just do not buy milliary or police issue ones as they are considered as a restricted items.

As one of our great modern poets said:" Our national idea is: "Fuck off, Please" and it ought to be "Fuck off, Please. Or I'll fucking kill you". We are still working on the second part though."

Forum Lurker
    I always find it interesting to hear other countries gun laws. only 4 rounds of exotic ammo? Steel/carbide/armor defeating? Do you have to pay a government royalty/tax/fee for suppressors? Is there a agency in place like the BATFE we have here?

Forum Lurker
    And I thought the laws in California were bad.

Quote Originally Posted by u_n_d View Post
    Gun laws here are somewhat stupid in the "it makes sense on paper" kind of way. There is no actual law signed by the legislative body. All civilian gun and explosive ownership is regulated by Order 622 by Ministry of Internal Affairs from 21.08.1998. Here is a the current version of the document. You can google translate it but expect some mistranslations. https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/z0637-98

Long story short:
    1. Long guns only. No SBRs. No SBS. No pistols for average civilian. It's possible to get a rubber bullet pistol but it's a pain int the ass.
    2. No full auto. No burst fire. Semi auto only.
    3. Hunting knives and airguns(including airsoft) from 18 years old. smooth bore guns from 21 years old. Rifles from 25 years old.
    4. Rifles with length of less then 800mm must not have the ability to fire with stock folded. I had to fix my ACR folding stock to comply with this regulation.
    5. Civilians cannot have more that 4 rounds of hard core ammo of the same type (steel, tungsten carbide etc.)
    6. Use of firearms for self defense is possible on your own property or if you attacked by more than 1 person. And even then you may go to jail.
    7. Suppressors are mostly legal. Just do not buy milliary or police issue ones as they are considered as a restricted items.

As one of our great modern poets said:" Our national idea is: "Fuck off, Please" and it ought to be "Fuck off, Please. Or I'll fucking kill you". We are still working on the second part though."

Forum Lurker
    And I thought the laws in California were bad.
    Well we had not go full California with restrictions on attachments and thumbholes. California laws are clearly unconstitutional. I doubt rural Californians do anything close to Virginia 2nd amendment rally. Maybe some time in the future the will be invaded by Arizona and Texas and not the other way around.

Here is the process to get a permit to purchase a rifle her:
    0. Be of 25 years of age
    1. submit a written statement and submit a form-statement
    2. submit a medical form that confirms that you are able physical and mental condition. To get it you have to go through all the doctors(family, surgeon, otolaryngologist, neurologist, oculist) and off course psychiatrist and submit blood for drug test.
    3. submit a document that confirms that you have successfully passed an exam about basics of firearms operation and legislation.
    4. submit copies of your passport
    5. submit document that confirms that you do not have felonies and are not under investigation
    6. Install a gun safe and secure it to the walls or floor.
    7. get a rapport by the head district police officer about inspection of this gun safe. (regular scheduled inspections have to be made no less than once every 3 years)
    8. submit this rapport.
    9. get insurance for damages and submit it.
    10. wait 30 days for background check
    Than after 30 days you get a permit for purchase for 1 unit of a rifle. Permit is active 30 days.
    After successful purchase rifle has to be given in the next 5 days to local center of criminology for inspection and test fire. They will write a conclusion if the rifle is legal.
    Submit this conclusion you have to write another statement to get the permit for storage and transportation.

This permit has to be prolonged and procedure has to be repeated every 3 years.

Do you have to pay a government royalty/tax/fee for suppressors?
    It's a bit complicated and stupid. Just like any other firearm related legislation.
    "Suppressors"(old military and police ones) are restricted items. "Sound moderators" and "Closed type muzzle devises"(any modern commercial ones) are not restricted and can be bough online.
    No fees for these. Just keep the documents for it that confirm expert conclusion that it is "Sound moderator" and "Closed type muzzle devise" they are usually come with devise.

Is there a agency in place like the BATFE we have here?
    No BATFE. All civilian(hunting, sporting, non-lethal) firearms and explosives are regulated by Permit departments of Ministry of Internal Affairs (National Police). All operations regarding documents require a small fee($0-$20).

only 4 rounds of exotic ammo? Steel/carbide/armor defeating?
    Most military surplus ammo has steel core. And specifics of ammo types can differ. Exotic stuff and large quantity of non-exotic stuff simply attracts attention and can easily serve as a reason for scheduled or unscheduled inspection. Armor defeating is a vague term. 50BMG FMJ defeats all infantry armor and is commercially available but 5.45x39 PP/BP/BS/BT or 7.62x39 PP/BP or M855 do not defeat NIJ level 4 or DSTU level 5 or 6 but they are restricted to milliary and LE.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search for related topics.