streamlight scorpion x
Join Today

streamlight scorpion x

Anyone have expierence with this light as a weapon mounted tac light? I have one that I was given over here in Afghanistan that I don't have to turn back in. I have been thinking about putting it on my ACR when I get back via a vtac mount to replace my surefire scout. It is slightly larger than the scout width wise, length wise it is probably about 1/8 to 1/4 inch longer (guesstimate). I really like the surefire scout, and I know it will hold up, but the scorpion x has a strobe feature as well as just on which I have been wanting for awhile but hasn't been at the top of my to buy list. If I remember correctly it runs on 2 of the CR123 3 volt batteries and is 200 lumens. Also cause I'm sure someone will mention this, I would mount it on my rifle here and see how it holds up but I don't have the mount and I'm at the end of my tour so I don't want to purchase one only to never receive it.
    Lord, make me fast and accurate, let my aim be true and my hand faster than those that who would seek to destroy me. Grant me victory over my foes and those that wish to do harm to me and mine, and Lord if today is truly the day you call me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.

I can't speak to that model, but I followed the recommendation of other folks on this forum and got a different model of Streamlight for my ACR and it's been working great. I'm impressed by the quality of Streamlight flashlights, especially considering how reasonably priced they are. I think that Scorpion would look good mounted up on an ACR.

I guess I will just have to try it out when I return to the states. So far from what I can tell it seems to be vary durable and for the price of free I can't really complain. So far the only thing I don't like about it is that to access the strobe or the dull feature you have to rapidly tap the button twice for strobe and 3 times for dull. Sometimes it will stay on the normal mode, and in a defensive situation when your adrenaline is up it may be hard to activate. I will test it out more when i'm back and give my final thoughts.
    Lord, make me fast and accurate, let my aim be true and my hand faster than those that who would seek to destroy me. Grant me victory over my foes and those that wish to do harm to me and mine, and Lord if today is truly the day you call me home, let me die in a pile of empty brass.

Search tags for this page

can you mount the scorpion x streamlight

scorpion x ar15 mount

scorpion x series mount

scorpion x weapon mount

streamlight scorpion as weapons light ar-15

streamlight scorpion x
streamlight scorpion x for rifle light
streamlight scorpion x light mount

streamlight scorpion x mount

streamlight scorpion x weapon mount

Click on a term to search for related topics.