sighting a laser
Join Today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

sighting a laser

how about someone posting how to sight in a laser on your rifle.
    ''He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one.'' - Luke 22:36.

''The only way to truly hurt a man is to take away everything that he valued and degrade it and remind him of it every day of his life. BUT by doing this you also create a monster and you will regret ever harming that man because he will be your greatest horror.''

The best way is bore sighting which involves a laser in the bore

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Team A.P.W.R. - Tactics and Training Chief

I'm an idealist, with an assault rifle

Try this:

If you're running an optic on your ACR, turn it on low (barely visible), and at 25m bench your gun and adjust the laser until it is right on top of your dot. Once your done, turn off your optic and verify with a couple shots.

Always verify.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ACRForum.com
    Advertisements

Forum Lurker
    Just got my first laser, for my handgun. I just used a laser boresighter, marked their locations on paper up close, then moved it back 10 or so feet and made adjustments so they would hit the same points on the paper. I'll check my work next time I'm at the range. This should get you close with any firearm, but if you have an optic, I'd do as SDDuc996 says.

ok i have a red dot and know how to sight it to my irons sights,so i would sight the K15 the same way.not off bore slightly.i plan to resight the irons and red dot to 100 yds.and the laser at 50 or 100 depening on how it preforms in daylight.thx

''The only way to truly hurt a man is to take away everything that he valued and degrade it and remind him of it every day of his life. BUT by doing this you also create a monster and you will regret ever harming that man because he will be your greatest horror.''

So you bought the K15? Since the K15 is offset to the bore, the laser will be either to the left or right of the target pending the range you zeroed at.

http://gunner777.wordpress.com/tag/k15/

There are specific zero targets for PEQ2s/15s for the top or side rails which designate where exactly the laser should be hitting at 25m. I can see if I can find one for you so you can print them out. There will be a slight variance due to the K15 not being a PEQ, but it shouldn't be too far off.

hey thx,i found it on arf,is this what u r talking about.btw the K15 is a pretty well built unit.no time for the range yet but the laser goes out to abt 50 yds just fine in daylight,didnt try 100 yet.gonna test out visibilty tonite at dusk and see how the ''dot'' is.it is fine in the daytime,no distortion that is noticible.ill hv to mess with it when i get a chance.
    Last edited by mpow66m; 03-25-2012 at 10:18 AM.

image055t[1].jpg....................

Not the ones we use, but it'll work.

Quote Originally Posted by SDDuc996 View Post
    Not the ones we use, but it'll work.
    if you hv the proper ones id like to dl them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast