sighting a laser - Page 2
Join Today
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Let me look.

TX..........
    ''He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one.'' - Luke 22:36.

''The only way to truly hurt a man is to take away everything that he valued and degrade it and remind him of it every day of his life. BUT by doing this you also create a monster and you will regret ever harming that man because he will be your greatest horror.''

Forum Lurker
    25m Zero Target--4 Feb 08.pdf

Not sure it worked - SOPMOD Block II 10m
    Attached Files Attached Files

4. Remove Advertisements
    ACRForum.com
    Advertisements

Forum Lurker

That's the one. Thanks.

ok,thx.i know how to boresight a weapon with a laser.but how do i use those tgts for an offset laser mntd on top rail.never seen those b4.

''The only way to truly hurt a man is to take away everything that he valued and degrade it and remind him of it every day of his life. BUT by doing this you also create a monster and you will regret ever harming that man because he will be your greatest horror.''

Forum Lurker
    Quick way to get on paper - mount the device on the rail you want - you can get by if you do this alone (get a helper) you can use a piece of paper - tgt - what ever and have a 2x 1" square piece of tape or those peel and paste dots you can get from a office store - (for IR laser use glint tape) place one center mass of your paper. Place your wpn in a rest or you in the prone w/wpn and place the muzzel center mass against the tape - while doing this eyeball about where your device beam will splash on the paper (the device should not be on) and place the second piece of tape. This next part will go quicker if you have a helper - while the muzzle is pressed center mass of the 1st piece of tape - turn on your device - and adjust the splash of the beam to center of the 2nd piece of tape (if you have IR and are using glint tape you will get a nice sparkle). Your laser or IR will be in-line with the bore of the wpn and you'll be on paper quicker once you move to live fire) Turn the device off - move your tgt to 25m - get a good sight picture on 1st piece of tape and ensure your laser still has splash on the 2nd piece of tape. This will give you 300m off-set so you can hit a 6"by6" steel tgt dam near center mass... If i keep going I will have to explain parallax (Parallax affects sights in many ways. On sights fitted to small arms, bows in archery, etc the distance between the sighting mechanism and the weapon's bore or axis can introduce significant errors when firing at close range, particularly when firing at small targets. This difference is generally referred to as "sight height" and is compensated for (when needed) via calculations that also take in other variables such as bullet drop, windage, and the distance at which the target is expected to be. SO if you do not intend to use the device for long range - you will have to adjust your device for close range and not account for drop due to flat trajectory.
    If your head hurts - just try the method above to get on paper - if you want closer range- pick the range you want, shoot from the bench and make small adjustments tillyou have the desired POA/POI you want. Enjoy

hey thnx man,im gonna try that.im going to resight using standard Mil zeroing tgts.i only want the laser for 50 yds. max..all that other stuff im aware about.just never used an offset laser and was wondering if there was anything i was missing.thx for the help.i.
    Last edited by mpow66m; 04-03-2012 at 12:35 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12