Light Setup on BM M-lok Handguard
Join Today
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 10Industries

Thread: Light Setup on BM M-lok Handguard

Forum Lurker

Light Setup on BM M-lok Handguard

Well I've been trying to get hold of Ramy for about a month now with no luck so it looks like I'll probably go with one of the Bushmaster M-lok handguards once BM gets them in stock and puts them on a 20% off sale again.

For those of you that have these, what light mount setup are you using? I'd like to mount a Streamlight Protac HL-X at 11:00 in a cantilever mount using the farthest forward M-lok slot on the port side but it seems like I can either find cantilever inline mounts to put it at 9:00, or non-cantilever 11:00 mounts-and a lot of those look like they're designed for ARs with very thin forends. I think the ACR forend has a taller profile on the sides where the screw that attaches the peg that fits in the front of the receiver and that this would interfere with many of the 11:00 mounts.

Right now I am looking at the Arisaka ring light mount (https://arisakadefense.com/collectio...ht-mount-m-lok) and the Magpul extended cantilever scout mount (https://www.magpul.com/products/m-lo...uctColor=VO343). Which mount I go with determines which version of light I need as I need the handheld version to fit the ring mount and the rail mount version with integrated rings to fit the Magpul.

Ideally I like my hand positioned farther out on the handguard with my thumb at 11:30 or 11:00 and the bottom of my hand indexed on the BCM stubby VFG. I'd like to be able to turn the light on and off with a slight adjustment of my thumb and TBH I think the Magpul mount would be perfect if the ACR had an 11:00 rail position. I don't want the tailcap too close to the crotch of my hand or index finger knuckle where I might bump it.

What I may do is just go with the Magpul setup and if I don't like it at 9:00, I can mount it at 3:00 and run a tape switch. Any thoughts or experience you can share?

I use the Proctor Light mount with the protac 1LAA alot and prefer it for the ACR - I also like the OWL from cloud defense for the outdoors, I use an absolute cowitness mount which means my thumb gets in the way so its either off or on, both mount to the top rail.

Here's one from cloud defesne https://www.facebook.com/CloudDefens...type=3&theater
    Last edited by 10Industries; 11-25-2019 at 12:31 AM.

One thing people always talk about is barrel shadow, this setup does have some but not enough to matter indoors and none outdoors on target - The sights are tritium big game style and I use them for short range and no light situations at home, however I can hit a 6 inch plate at 100 and my longest shot is 196 yards center mass on paper so know your holds instead of talking about sight radius in the abstract. Screws on them were replaced with stainless pan head so I could file the heads down and clear the light.

00100trPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200305195004723_COVER.jpg

00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200305195032402_COVER.jpg

IMG_20200305_195114.jpg

IMG_20200305_195129.jpg
    Last edited by 10Industries; 03-05-2020 at 09:01 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ACRForum.com
    Advertisements

Forum Lurker
    I suppose I should've followed up on this; I ordered an RPM extended handguard and am just waiting for Ramy to finish it and send it to me. I'm probably going to get a SF M600DF but until I get the handguard on the rifle to figure out how to mount it I won't be able to choose a mount.

Scotsman likes this.

Search tags for this page

arisaka inline mount cantilever forum

m-lok forend hold a light?

Click on a term to search for related topics.