This place is deader than you thought I was
Join Today

This place is deader than you thought I was

Contrary to popular belief I am not in a bathtub full of ice in Mexico 😉. So now that I am back from the dead what in the world has been going on around here? Not alot of action, not at all.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it". Thomas Jefferson

Patiently waiting on Bigdog's AKM lower. I haven't been posting much. I still work on my ACR regularly. Will be taking the 10.5" to a Costa Ludus class next week. Finished a 7.62x39 16" upper build that I'll take to a 300 yard range weekend after next. I'll try to be good about social media pictures and posts for both of those events.

I don't know if you've been keeping up on the ACR, but the biggest news was that Bushmaster finally released caliber conversions, different length barrels for 5.56 and new hand guards. Caliber conversions are for 6.8 SPC and .450 Bushmaster. 5.56 barrels can now be purchased in 10.5", 14.5", 16" and 18", all in 1/7 twist. The new hand guards are similar in design to the old Remington ones and come in either square drop (Keymod compatible) or MLok.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ACRForum.com
    Advertisements

Not just here, forums in general other then the biggies.
    "Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt." - Pres. A. Lincoln

LWRC forum went away entirely a while back.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Peace Through Superior Firepower.

Forum Lurker
    I still check it out..

I don't know what's up, I'm not getting notifications. Any how yes I have been keeping up with all of the ACR's long long overdue releases from Bushmaster, or should I say shrubmaster 😜. I still can't believe after what 10 or so years they finally released these things meaning the conversion kits and they cost damn near as much as a complete rifle, it's ridiculous. But after all this time I still have my original Windham rifle. I can't part ways with it it's a great weapon. But at this point in time I've pretty much come to the conclusion that it's going to remain a 5.56 rifle unless these conversion kits come down half in price. My other option would be a 300 blackout since it uses the same bolt and magazines as the 5.56.
    Last edited by Undertaker; 11-12-2019 at 03:49 PM.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it". Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by jamesavery22 View Post
    Patiently waiting on Bigdog's AKM lower. I haven't been posting much. I still work on my ACR regularly. Will be taking the 10.5" to a Costa Ludus class next week. Finished a 7.62x39 16" upper build that I'll take to a 300 yard range weekend after next. I'll try to be good about social media pictures and posts for both of those events.
    Yea I saw your post, good stuff 👍.

Forum Lurker
    Yes, this forum is very slow. I usually hop on once a day, but often there are days without a new post on the board. Still a lot of good info, and I'm hoping that the rifles and subsequently the forum will become more popular now that BM has factory caliber conversions and more handguard options and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
    I don't know what's up, I'm not getting notifications. Any how yes I have been keeping up with all of the ACR's long long overdue releases from Bushmaster, or should I say shrubmaster 😜. I still can't believe after what 10 or so years they finally released these things meaning the conversion kits and they cost damn near as much as a complete rifle, it's ridiculous. But after all this time I still have my original Windham rifle. I can't part ways with it it's a great weapon. But at this point in time I've pretty much come to the conclusion that it's going to remain a 5.56 rifle unless these conversion kits come down half in price. My other option would be a 300 blackout since it uses the same bolt and magazines as the 5.56.
    I don't think the price is really that bad for the kit with a new bolt, barrel, complete gas system, and magazine. The AAC flash hiders aren't exactly cheap either; and Dana has said a few times that he can't build kits for what the BM ones sell for.

To put it in perspective, these rifles were about $3200 when they first came out and they retail for about $1600 now. The rifle many people compared it to when it was released is the 5.56 SCAR, which still sells for North of $2500, and the 7.62s North of $3000. A SCAR barrel assembly sells for $1000 for 5.56 or $1200 in 7.62, and that's just for a barrel that's a different length. For an ACR they are 40% cheaper at $600, and the whole caliber conversion is still $200 cheaper.

BM also runs 20% off sales a few times a year, meaning that you can get a 6.8 Conversion for $640. Not that the SCAR-or ARX100 or any of the other rifles that were supposed to have caliber conversions when they were released and still don't have them available; yet are somehow not derided like the ACR which was no different at launch and now does have a conversion available-has conversions available, but this all seems to suggest that if they were they'd be somewhere around $1400 for the SCAR.

I do expect to see .300 Blk and .450 BM kits from Bushmaster next since they are selling ACRs in those calibers. I am curious to see what the price difference will be for those kits compared to the 6.8 SPC one if there is any.
    Last edited by Thunderhorse; 11-13-2019 at 03:52 AM.

@thunderhorse - it's funny you mention other platforms not catching any apparent flak for nonreleases of caliber conversions. One thats in my safe is a Sig Sauer MPX. I'd sure love a 10mm conversion, but honestly I don't think 10mm was ever promised (but others were). Still they are selling like hotcakes.
    My 8" 300BLK ACR SBR build thread:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search for related topics.