Sidearm Choices (what do you carry and shoot and what is a range gun only)? - Page 4
Join Today
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Sidearm Choices (what do you carry and shoot and what is a range gun only)?

Quote Originally Posted by Conqueror View Post
    My XD45c was stipples by Boredight Solutions. It's a work of art.
    So post some pics of this beauty...
    Owner/Operator
    Shooters Element

Wise Member
    I'm simply a Glock guy. I usually have a G26 on me with Crimson Trace laser. Once open carry is passed in Texas, I plan to wear my G17 that is all done up quite a bit.
    My ACR videos;

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wise Member
    I have not done any grip work to my Glocks. For the more range guns, I have put grip tape on the slide to rack more posativly.

As far as triggers, I leave them. The stock Glock trigger for me is a happy medium. Not super heavy, but not so light that in a stressful situation it could could be fired.

I actually plan to change the trigger in my G34 because it is to light for me. I end up double tapping when shooting it after all the others.

One mod I did do is change all my triggers to be the textured ones, not smooth.

I'm a huge advocate of making thinks as much alike as I can so that it all has like feel & operation for muscle memory.
    My ACR videos;

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ACRForum.com
    Advertisements

I agree with leaving Glock internals alone. Glocks are know for reliability, so don't fuck with them.

On my every day carry G19 I had ATEi cut the slide, for easy one hand manipulations. I also installed XS Big Dot sights for easier close quarter target sighting.

ShootersElement likes this.
    CEO/Owner
    Tacti-Cool Guns & Gear, Inc
    Santa Maria, Ca
    07 FFL / SOT

TCGNG.com

Xs sights are the only sights I'll use on a carry gun. I could possibly see setting a red dot carry gun up, but other than that, only xs.
    Powershift likes this.

Wise Member
    I have the Trijicon HD sights, and I vastly prefer them over the XS

I changed from the triji hds. They were good, but no where near as good as the xs
    Powershift likes this.

Wise Member
    I have plans for a new carry pistol. The G19 has served me well in the past and I plan to buy another soon. All of my previous Glock carry pistols have had the NY trigger module installed in them. I do not trust the stock 5lb coil spring in my pistols. For years, I carried a G26 but I prefer the G19 now. They just shoot better for me.

In my my early days, I liked the .40 caliber so much that I had one of the first Jericho 941 pistols. After the .40S&W went mainstream, I switched to the H&K USP line in .40 and .45. They were too cumbersome, expensive and problems had to be addressed by the factory. I can't have that! Something simple was needed. The Glock was easy to work on and I again made a switch. I carried the G23 and G27 pistols for several years. The high pressure round was just too much. Control and reliability problems were normal with the .40 Glock. They redesigned several parts and upgraded these pistols several times during this period. I went to the nine and never looked back. I was shooting GSSF and was an IDPA Range Officer at this time.

The VP9 recently piqued my interest. I tried very hard to like that pistol but couldn't talk myself into buying one. Like many others, I believe the Glock is superior due to its simplicity. I didn't like the coil spring in the VP9 either. It was a deal breaker.

SamM
    ShootersElement likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SamM View Post
    I have plans for a new carry pistol. The G19 has served me well in the past and I plan to buy another soon. All of my previous Glock carry pistols have had the NY trigger module installed in them. I do not trust the stock 5lb coil spring in my pistols. For years, I carried a G26 but I prefer the G19 now. They just shoot better for me.

In my my early days, I liked the .40 caliber so much that I had one of the first Jericho 941 pistols. After the .40S&W went mainstream, I switched to the H&K USP line in .40 and .45. They were too cumbersome, expensive and problems had to be addressed by the factory. I can't have that! Something simple was needed. The Glock was easy to work on and I again made a switch. I carried the G23 and G27 pistols for several years. The high pressure round was just too much. Control and reliability problems were normal with the .40 Glock. They redesigned several parts and upgraded these pistols several times during this period. I went to the nine and never looked back. I was shooting GSSF and was an IDPA Range Officer at this time.

The VP9 recently piqued my interest. I tried very hard to like that pistol but couldn't talk myself into buying one. Like many others, I believe the Glock is superior due to its simplicity. I didn't like the coil spring in the VP9 either. It was a deal breaker.

SamM
    I might have to call a friendly BS flag on the USP .40 having issues.

I say that because while I am admittedly an M&P fan (owning several of them) my first love has always been HK. I have an HK USP .40 in my collection that has a date code of 98 or 99...I've never had issues with that pistol (save for the occasional ammo issue due to my reloads). It's like a tank and works every time I take it out to shoot and more importantly I can nail 4" circles of steel at 20 yards with somewhat regularity.
    Recently I decided to swap to a match trigger and that made all the more fun to shoot. This was not a "needed" upgrade as I could shoot the USP just fine in its stock configuration, it was more about want.

I guess, everyone's experiences are different as highlighted by your experience vs mine.

As for the glock being this simple tool everyone keeps referring to, it's peaked my interest. I've never really considered the glock simple nor the M&P, HK's I own complex. So when referring to the simplicity are we talking strictly internal components or overall function? From my perspective the M&P is no more complex than the Glock, but like I said I'm a fan so I'm biased.
    Owner/Operator
    Shooters Element

I've wondered about glocks being overly simple, also. It's been my understanding glocks are so reliable because of loose tolerances, much like the venerable AK.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast