Sidearm Choices (what do you carry and shoot and what is a range gun only)? - Page 3
Join Today
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Sidearm Choices (what do you carry and shoot and what is a range gun only)?

My first experience came when Glocks were relatively new to the market and since I had exposure to some many different types at a very young age I found the Glocks reliability to be very appealing. Now you can find guns that are almost but still not as good IE the M&P and XD - that probably has to do with Glocks single product line of pistols and the value of the LEO contracts they service.

I'd say the G19 is the every gun, especially the 4th gen FDE although I also carry a G26 with a glock clip

Forum Lurker
    I've had 4 different GLOCKs, two 17s, a 22, and a 19....i owned a Sig P226 Mk25 previously as well....I love my GLOCKs, never had a failure to fire or feed and they're just workhorses. I carry the 17 when I'm in the woods and the 19 concealed....the fact that the 17 mags also fit the 19 is a huge plus

Does anyone get into modifying grips, stippling or changing other components on their pistol?

I've installed 3 APEX triggers now and have to say I actually enjoy some of the detailed work when it comes to tinkering with these.
    Owner/Operator
    Shooters Element

4. Remove Advertisements
    ACRForum.com
    Advertisements

I do all the work on my glocks. I just do a cheap trigger job, with a connector and some polish, then wear it in with shooting, and it works for me. I also stipple them. Takes a while but it's cheap.

Wise Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ShootersElement View Post
    Does anyone get into modifying grips, stippling or changing other components on their pistol?

I've installed 3 APEX triggers now and have to say I actually enjoy some of the detailed work when it comes to tinkering with these.
    Salient Arms...... They transform Glocks into 2500 dollar works of art and shooting precision. I'm not a fan of their top tier work, as it's a little to gaudy for my tastes. It's more for the Chris Costa nubs, but their practical stuff is damn nice.

Quote Originally Posted by ACR500 View Post
    I do all the work on my glocks. I just do a cheap trigger job, with a connector and some polish, then wear it in with shooting, and it works for me. I also stipple them. Takes a while but it's cheap.

I learned how to completely disassemble my Glock from a Youtube video and was surprised by the amount of crud that remains in the extractor and firing pin as opposed to cleaning by Glock manual recommendations. It also allowed me to polish everything - runs smooth as glass.

Forum Lurker
    carry S&W Shield , Tac pistol in a drop leg is IWI 941 and both are in 40cal

Wise Member
    Quote Originally Posted by StrykerJoe View Post
    carry S&W Shield , Tac pistol in a drop leg is IWI 941 and both are in 40cal
    You lost me at drop leg

Forum Lurker
    All steel " Jericho 941 " Israel Military Industries (now: Israel Weapon Industries)
    ShootersElement likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ShootersElement View Post

My XD45c was stipples by Boredight Solutions. It's a work of art.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast