Sidearm Choices (what do you carry and shoot and what is a range gun only)? - Page 2
Join Today
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: Sidearm Choices (what do you carry and shoot and what is a range gun only)?

Official Site Vendor Argonauts ReInc's Avatar
    Daily CCW: XDs .45 3.3" (upgraded from the PF9)
    Everything else: M&P .45 (the Colt Mk IV National Gold Cup Match is more of family heirloom)
    Range fun: MP5K in 22lr
    Mike Morgan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Beware of the man that owns just one Rifle, he will know how to customize it.

Quote Originally Posted by ACR500 View Post
    Glock 19. Is there another choice?
    Why do you feel the Glock is the end all when it comes to side arms?

Please don't mistake my question for being snarky, I'm not a glock guy so I don't get it.
    Owner/Operator
    Shooters Element

Quote Originally Posted by Mounted28 View Post
    Issued Glock 21sf, Glock 30, and 27. Duty carry my personal Glock 20sf now, also have a 31, a Desert Eagle 50AE, and original issued S&W 5903. Eventually I'd like to pick up a VP9, M&P, and a glock 42.
    How do you like the G21? Im wanting a high cap .45 and my dealer has a few used 21s.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ACRForum.com
    Advertisements

Wise Member
    I shoot very well with it, and am quite happy with it. I do not care for the full size 21 though. I wear a large size glove and the grip is to fat for my hands. The SF's are pretty much the most comfortable glocks to my hands.

I chose it over the 22, until I had a local company, PROFIRE load up some HST and Ranger T in 10mm for me. Nothing super hot, just loaded to 1250fps. The 20sf has better sights, and a better trigger and I'm more confident in the round over the 45, although there is probably very minimal real ballistic difference.

I would be happy to carry the HK45, or M&P45, never been fan of the 1911 style guns.
    No_mic_marshall likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ShootersElement View Post
    Why do you feel the Glock is the end all when it comes to side arms?

Please don't mistake my question for being snarky, I'm not a glock guy so I don't get it.
    Well, it's the perfect size. It's small enough to carry, and big enough to fight with. All other guns are either too small to effectively fight with, or too big to carry in a lot of situations.

There might be some sized the same, but this one is a glock, and I honestly think glock is the best handgun. Not that there aren't good ones, but it just is. It's not fancy, but it works, and is simple. I also like m&p, a lot. But they don't make a 19 sized gun. So the glock 19 it is. It's literally the only handgun you'll ever need. If you need something else, then you need a rifle. If you can only have one handgun, I recommend the 19.
    Powershift likes this.

Wise Member
    I think the appeal of the glock comes from its simplicity, and while the original Gen 1 and 2 glocks were hideous, I think they have done a decent job with the aesthetics of the Gen 3/4. It's a simple pick it up and you're in the fight kind of gun. Durable reliable and simple, pull the trigger and it goes bang every time.

Honestly Nick the only purpose of my side arm is to fight my way back to the rifle I was dumb enough to leave in the car in the first place.
    ACR500 likes this.

I've been a Glock fan for a long time now and the 21 fits my meat hooks better than just about anything else. I also like the fact that old Gaston was burying his guns in the sand and mud way before anyone else ever tried that shit

Forum Lurker
    Glock 19 or 26 in iwb holster. Beretta Nano or SW 36 in a pocket holster when I just throw something in my pocket. If I'm out walking around the property or in the woods, Glock 20 owb.
    I have an xds .45 which I haven't really given a chance yet, bought it for pocket carry but it got recalled shortly after and since I got it back I haven't really done much with it. I really like the front sight on it though.

Yes, of course pistols are only to fight your way to a rifle, if possible.

Carry either a Glock 42 or a XD45c if I am wearing heavier clothing. Shoot a hojillion other pistols.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast