Anyone shoot a new Sig516 AR?
Join Today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Forum Lurker

Anyone shoot a new Sig516 AR?

Sig just released their Piston AR the Sig516. It is pretty affordable and looks to have a ton of good things about it. I am looking to off load my SR-556C because I cannot change the flash hider without cutting it down and sinking some cash in it. It is an awesome rifle .5 lbs lighter then the standard SR-556 and has a nice fluted barrel but I want a BattleComp for better control and less rise. The Sig looks to be pretty good on this too! I am considering an LWRC but they are so similiar it isnt funny. the bolt is a cross between a SR-556 and an LWRC. I like the rails and the fact that I can mount a sling damn near anywhere. It has the same treatment on the barrel as the LWRC. Even if I trick the Sig out to be like the LWRC M6A2 is is 400 less! Not to mention it has a better regulator. Sig looks to have done a great job on this rifle and it has a lifetime as well. I have dealt with sig on a few rifles and they did a decent job. Not a S&W job but still good.

I don't dislike LWRC by any means, but if I had to go piston driven I'd rather go this route. I'm just a fan of the Sig.

VB
    What does this have to do with the ACR? Post in the correct section, please.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ACRForum.com
    Advertisements

Forum Lurker
    Ok then let me rephrase this. How does the Sig516 compare to the ACR in accuracy?

Quote Originally Posted by soapboxpreacher View Post
    Ok then let me rephrase this. How does the Sig516 compare to the ACR in accuracy?

According to Sig the SIG516 is a variation of your traditional gas piston operation type rifle, so its going to be difficult to compare... (actually its easy to compare, after seeing both video attached..the rifles are completely different) Based on what the SIG representative says here in their own video, the accuracy is 2 1/2 inch MOA @100 yds for the SIG516.

There are several accuracy threads here for the ACR that have gotten 1- 2 inches [email protected] 100 yards or less.

BTW you're not going to get the various barrel kit options with the SIG516, and no folding stock for the most part, so you will have to decide what appeals to you with regards to dollars spent to shoot various other calibers going forward. If you want to collect rifles ... go for it. There are a lot of guys here that have various rifles.

Regarding the ACR; I can tell you that the ACR will require less cleaning more accurate than the SUG516 and SIG556, certainly has less parts, notice how much grime is on the SIG516 firing pin, you're not going to see that on an ACR. All I have done with my rifle is snake bore the barrel after 1,000 rounds...checked to see if it was dirty...nope put it away. NICE

Good Luck

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSaAT...eature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFZ3y...EBF34EE3C95494
    State Compliant ACR as of 12/24/00

In the first video, I just can't get past that guys smirk. I really think he thinks that Sig is the next best thing since sliced bread. When he explains the "state of the art" features they came up with it's like no one else has this or thought if it. Oh well. I guess I ride the ACR band wagon. To each their own.

That's just Dave. I helped him and Dane at the NAVEAST show in 09'. He's a former Ranger and a really knowledgeable gun guy. Of course he's going to be proud of their product.

Well it takes a guy like him to make the end user feel good about their purchase. I just haven't been attracted to Sig products much. Nothing but top notch on reliability though.

VB
    I couldn't see through more than a couple of seconds of either video. Now that the HK MR556 is available, there is no way in hell I would bother any AR15 piston conversions.

I'd rather get a direct gas gun Colt or LMT or KAC

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

VB
    I couldn't sit through more than a couple of seconds of either video. Now that the HK MR556 is available, there is no way in hell I would bother with any AR15 piston conversions.

I'd rather get a direct gas Colt or LMT or KAC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast