Robinson Armament XCR to the rescue? - Page 2
Join Today
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderhorse View Post
    I don't understand your point with the bolded part. It reads like you're saying the rifle hasn't been updated because their webpage is subpar.

-They offer it in .224 Valkyrie, .300blk, 6.5 grendel, 6.8 SPC, 5.56, 7.62x39, 6.5 Creedmoor, and they have a pistol caliber one; so it seems that they are keeping up with the latest popular calibers that people have been wanting in modern semiautos.

-When it came out it had picatinny rails, then they came out with a keymod upper. Now they have M-lok uppers; seems they're keeping up there.

-Barrel twist options that fit the trend towards heavier bullets.

-Barrel weight options that go with the trend towards lighter barrels, shorter barrels, pinned and welded barrels, SBRs, and braced pistols.

-I think one of the gas blocks is a 5 position and the other is an 8 position.
    A couple different stock options too. Didn't the "original" XCR have a non-folding stock?

There is at least one company making an adapter to mount an ACR stock:

https://lifeindustries.net/dir/produ...folding-stock/

And RA sells a buffer tube adapter if someone wanted to use a PRS stock or something else AR based.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderhorse View Post
    I don't understand your point with the bolded part. It reads like you're saying the rifle hasn't been updated because their webpage is subpar.
    There web page is a reflection of company policy - no major changes to the platform have been made in a decade, the switch to mlok isnt what I would call a major change. When you look at the new POF rogue vs other 308 rifles, even thier own you see real constant innovation over the same time span with multiple platforms - the stock sucks, the barrel retention bolt is problematic, the gas valve and firing pin in the rush to release it sucked and the replacement process was worse - the rifle is still over 8 pounds with any optic and the 308 version exists for 8 years maybe, just not on there own website? https://robinsonarmament.com/xcrm.php 404 lol

The hand-guard sucks, it's an awkward shape which makes the whole thing look like it's made of out painted plywood and it has no serious heat management coatings or concepts and I have burned the Sht out of my hands after a few mags with gloves on. The new stock I heard sucks to which is why people are still using the ACR conversions even now.

The barrels may seem impressive, but you can do all of that the same way with the ACR which Bushmaster took way more seriously than the XCR, from the barrel profile to the coatings. Bushmaster has made a ton of caliber concepts, but to produce them in bulk and keep the quality up and the costs down they don't release everything under the sun. I spent a day with a company recently and the topic of 6.5 creedmoor came up. They showed me a ton of research, focus groups and sales numbers that steer decisions and how the money and time saved improved more popular offerings. I also realized I want a 308, not a 6.5 in that platform when they showed detailed use cases for there rifles backed up by real life data, not wishful thinking. #224lixsmuhballs

If you read the VS articles on their site its copy and paste claims that they made it to market first and that makes them better. The Masada / ACR went into development at the same exact time, Bushmaster is just a bigger company and produced more rifles in a professional manner, not piecemeal with many people wondering if they could ever get one.

Also in my short times with them I found the side charger to be a childish - you have to slide 1 piece of metal through another under tension and both of those pieces are very expensive and hard to replace, this same system has been used many times and has never caught on. It's sold as bolt action like precision, but its metal on metal wear.

Also dont stand within 20 feet of the ejection port unless you want brass in your face.

Beyond that this quote from 2011 really says lots about why the company is still called an unknown by media today, let alone the general public.

"Combine proprietary parts, customers as beta-testers, piss-poor customer service, and a psychotic company owner, and it matters not one whit how great the design of the rifle may be."
    Last edited by 10Industries; 06-23-2020 at 10:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 10Industries View Post
    There web page is a reflection of company policy - no major changes to the platform have been made in a decade, the switch to mlok isnt what I would call a major change. When you look at the new POF rogue vs other 308 rifles, even thier own you see real constant innovation over the same time span with multiple platforms - the stock sucks, the barrel retention bolt is problematic, the gas valve and firing pin in the rush to release it sucked and the replacement process was worse - the rifle is still over 8 pounds with any optic and the 308 version exists for 8 years maybe, just not on there own website? https://robinsonarmament.com/xcrm.php 404 lol

The hand-guard sucks, it's an awkward shape which makes the whole thing look like it's made of out painted plywood and it has no serious heat management coatings or concepts and I have burned the Sht out of my hands after a few mags with gloves on. The new stock I heard sucks to which is why people are still using the ACR conversions even now.

The barrels may seem impressive, but you can do all of that the same way with the ACR which Bushmaster took way more seriously than the XCR, from the barrel profile to the coatings. Bushmaster has made a ton of caliber concepts, but to produce them in bulk and keep the quality up and the costs down they don't release everything under the sun. I spent a day with a company recently and the topic of 6.5 creedmoor came up. They showed me a ton of research, focus groups and sales numbers that steer decisions and how the money and time saved improved more popular offerings. I also realized I want a 308, not a 6.5 in that platform when they showed detailed use cases for there rifles backed up by real life data, not wishful thinking. #224lixsmuhballs

If you read the VS articles on their site its copy and paste claims that they made it to market first and that makes them better. The Masada / ACR went into development at the same exact time, Bushmaster is just a bigger company and produced more rifles in a professional manner, not piecemeal with many people wondering if they could ever get one.

Also in my short times with them I found the side charger to be a childish - you have to slide 1 piece of metal through another under tension and both of those pieces are very expensive and hard to replace, this same system has been used many times and has never caught on. It's sold as bolt action like precision, but its metal on metal wear.

Also dont stand within 20 feet of the ejection port unless you want brass in your face.

Beyond that this quote from 2011 really says lots about why the company is still called an unknown by media today, let alone the general public.

"Combine proprietary parts, customers as beta-testers, piss-poor customer service, and a psychotic company owner, and it matters not one whit how great the design of the rifle may be."
    So is there an actual complaint about the design here or just general disinterest on your part on the rifle and the website?

The 308 is shown here, BTW. Scroll down for info:

https://robinsonarmament.com/products/

4. Remove Advertisements
    ACRForum.com
    Advertisements

- clearly no complaints - the 18 months I spent waiting for service between 2 different rifles was absolutely not a factor in there eventual sale - I had alot more problems that I didn't mention like the folding mechanism on the stock breaking, cracks in the upper and a gas block that would have fallen off if it the muzzle device had been smaller, but whatever - super awesome.

One Canadian's take:

https://youtu.be/oRz-qzqTnjM

Not so much the case now, I guess.

You linked to a video of a child talking about modern warfare I think :P

Arm and Gun did a video recently and it was in harsher conditions, being in canukland - notice he's also using the acr stock and a metal mag *foreshadowing lolhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yawn84xLgNA But its not a real test of its capabilities.

But to call it the best semi auto 308 is a leap at best - the FAL is proven platform in combat and adverse conditions and what abuse I felt comfortable with my old PTR91 was everything and more of a HK91+ that they make it out to be. I would still say the ptr91 pistol might be one of the best modern 308 platforms the rifle is a wee bit heavy. It's a known platform with improvements over many years.

I might say the saint victor could be another one since its cheap, uses common parts and is lighter than most ar10's, but I really think POF is leading the way. My rogue cost 1600, weighs 5.9 pounds and shares every component with the ar15 except the lower and the bolt - it uses a longer buffer tube to manage the recoil like the vltor system for the ar15, but even that could be swapped out. I am anxiously awaiting it from my dealer, I bought the first recon back in the day that came to cali and I can see the progression. Sold that gun to a sherrif who took part in the machine gun test for SBS and wanted one for personal use. Last I heard it had well over 20K on it and a bunch of other officers had also bought similar stuff, which given police pay is mind bottling.
    Last edited by 10Industries; 06-29-2020 at 12:44 PM.

https://youtu.be/riRD67TcLA0

https://youtu.be/cpSvxrVaEVA

Forum Lurker
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Despite the good things about the MCX it is more or less an AR15. Or is it?
    I put the MCX in the "less an ar15" category, no doubt. As soon as I saw the video demonstrating the ease of barrel swaps, combined with the reputed accuracy of the barrels, I was hooked. Two torx screws, that's it. One of the few things I dislike about the ACR is the added weight of the tool-less quick swap lever assembly that gains me nothing because the only time I want to swap barrels is when I'm at home with tools readily available. The MCX solves this problem perfectly. Infinitely faster and easier to change a barrel than an AR15, and no added weight of a quick swap lever like an ACR while only adding a miniscule amount of time to the process. Combine that with the ability to shoot when the stock is folded as well as being compatible with a lot of readily-available AR15 products and it's a great package.

Quote Originally Posted by TXHogTrap View Post
    I put the MCX in the "less an ar15" category, no doubt. As soon as I saw the video demonstrating the ease of barrel swaps, combined with the reputed accuracy of the barrels, I was hooked. Two torx screws, that's it. One of the few things I dislike about the ACR is the added weight of the tool-less quick swap lever assembly that gains me nothing because the only time I want to swap barrels is when I'm at home with tools readily available. The MCX solves this problem perfectly. Infinitely faster and easier to change a barrel than an AR15, and no added weight of a quick swap lever like an ACR while only adding a miniscule amount of time to the process. Combine that with the ability to shoot when the stock is folded as well as being compatible with a lot of readily-available AR15 products and it's a great package.
    No doubt the MCX is the vetted system at this point. It seems to have done with the ACR, XCR and SCAR could not and that's be adopted by .gov and .mil in decent quantity.

Timing plays a role no doubt but the design itself is also a major factor.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Search tags for this page

pof rogue for sale

Click on a term to search for related topics.