"Tactical" nylon gear dealer and manufacturer directory - Page 2
Join Today
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    i bought a tactical soft shell jacket from Condor a few years ago and its been great. holds up really well and its really warm. i cant speak for their other products, but the jacket was solid. this is the one i bought - http://www.condoroutdoor.com/602_Soft_Shell_Jacket.aspx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

The condor looks like the new TAD jacket.

VB
    Quote Originally Posted by BoovarBjarki View Post
    The condor looks like the new TAD jacket.

The TAD and Condor jacket are based on the PCU level 5 softshell issued by the Army and made by Patagonia I believe.

I tried to get my supply NCO to get one for me, but pretty much only 19th SF can get them where we are. Very lame.

Real deal:
    Attached Images Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ACRForum.com
    Advertisements

I bought on to see if I'd like the set up before looking into investing in a TAD Lightweight and I still use it. Very durable and of surprising quality. Thinking about just picking up a spare and using them (I think I'd still be under what it would cost for 1 TAD jacket). Condor is a replica version and I'm sure that the quality will be night and day.

+1 for Condor

i wore a TAD during the winter portion of my last tour and i i have to say that it was amazingly warm, comfortable, and tough

i have a tad gear stealth hoodie and it still is in perfect condition after 2 years of good use, very high quality
    Rest in Peace Franny
    Employee BBC Armament 07/02
    Email me for questions or Acr barrel conversions (remove spaces)
    templarprecision @ yahoo.com

VB
    In fairness, the TAD jacket is just a knock off of any number of technical soft-shells out there by Marmot, North Face, Patagonia or pre-LEAF Arc'teryx.

Go into any REI or EMS and you'll see many items that tactical clothing makers have cloned and sold to the shooting community and military community at an incredibly inflated price.

I came into shooting after about ten years of back packing. I've been running technical fleeces and shells for years. Mixing the two with shooting was a perfect match. Breathable, wicking, durable, water repellent, lots of pockets

At the time though, lots of shooters were running these funky looking fisherman vests and lots of wool and cotton cotton gear, which is horrible for outdoors activities. The shooting community has caught up, but the prices they are paying for "tactical" brands is ridiculous when you literally could get an equal or better jacket at http://www.backcountry.com on clearance all year long.

Forum Lurker
    Dont forget Tactical Express.

http://www.panteltactical.com/ Former Ranger owned and operated by Josh Pantel

http://www.sktindustries.com/ Scott Carlyle - some of his work has appeared in NCIS and Law and order.

Forum Lurker
    Hey

Good Day !!!

I would like to introduce ourselves as one of the world’s most vertically integrated company having its own ability to weave from yarn (Kevlar from Dupont USA) to the finished product in-house. We offer a complete solution for personal protection which includes Personal Body Armour Ballistic vests, ballistic helmets, Hard Armour Plates, Bomb Blankets, De-Mining Suits and Armored Vehicles, etc. It also undertakes customization for body armors based on the requirement of customer.

Hope above gives you an idea for our range of our products.
    Here is the link for our website for your kind perusal

https://www.hardshell.ae
    hs-gif.gif

Last edited by HardshellFZE; 08-02-2019 at 01:24 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12