ACR Forum banner

277 Wolverine ACR?

3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  mxracer72 
#1 ·
Has anyone had an ACR barrel built in 277 Wolverine yet? It might be a fun cartridge to play with in the platform.

For those not familiar with the 277; it is a wildcat somewhat similar in design and use to the 300BLK. It is based off the 223 case but uses lighter and smaller bullets to make better use of the limited case capacity. Also, the casing is a little longer so it has slightly more case capacity.

M4 shooting 277 Wolverine 150gr subsonic. 12.5in barrel. AAC 762-SDN-6 suppressor.

https://youtu.be/z32A2uwoIA4

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

#4 ·
Yes. The 277 Wolverine uses a 6.8mm bullet. Pretty much any bullet meant for the 6.8 SPC will work in the Wolverine.

In my limited experience 115gr bullets will work but the Wolverine appears to be at its best with 90 or 100 grain bullets. Longer bullets cut into too much powder capacity.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

#3 ·
There's a few people out there that makes barrel conversion. Send them your own barrel and they'll do the rest. Just not sure with bolt since I'm not familiar with that round at all. I've only seen people do 7.62x39

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.