ACR Forum banner

308 barrels

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  bigdog2003_99 
#1 ·
Does any one know if any 308 versions have been made or if it is possible?

#2 · (Edited)
Not possible, the dimensions are all wrong for a large cartridge like the .308.

KRG was developing a rifle the FOX-42 that would have been as close to a 308 ACR as anything else out there, but so far no news on it being vaporware or not.

Getting a Grendel kit going would be a close approximation to what you're looking for while still using the ACR platform.

#4 · (Edited)
Man the lower is too small. But i cant help but thinking a more dense (heavier) bolt carrier with a matching bolt could be done. Of course youd also have to re-engineer the action spring and all the gas components for strength. Think of it this way...have you ever seen an AR-15 retrofitted to shoot 308?

Doable? I believe so. Maybe.

Practical? Hell no.

#5 ·
The fox42 isn't vaporware. The one at shot show had molded components which means they have invested a sizable chunk of money into the platform already.

If if you are wanting a 300blk Acr, I do the conversions. Mine has over 4000 rounds and runs great. If you're interested, I can give you a quote. There is a large amount of work that is required to do this so I wouldn't recommend trying it unless you have a lot of spare parts laying around.

#9 ·
I'm just gonna do the quote here. I'm tired of the pm section being messed up lol

I can supply everything now minus a charging handle assembly.

Parts from BM is 350
Barrel (Depending on what you are looking for) 110
225 for labor

As far as shooting suppressed, It depends on how light the subs you are going to shoot. I tune for 220gr Remington, I can gas up a little extra if you want. I keep it gassed low just incase you want to shoot 147 gr supersonics alot.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.