ACR Forum banner

Aluminum AK Lower

20K views 57 replies 26 participants last post by  Aum69 
#1 ·
Decided to try and build my own AK lower that will use AR trigger/safety/and grip. Doing this completely free hand using the PTS lower as a reference and a stripped colt AR lower. Props to real machinists out there, this is time consuming and tedious. I have the trigger area complete, going to work on the back end next where it connects to the stock. I will post pics each day, I plan on going till its done since it's snowing and I have little else to do. Not sure how long it will take but it doesn't matter, it's for fun.

Machine tool Bumper Gas Wood Machine
Automotive tire Bumper Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Gas
Wood Bumper Automotive exterior Auto part Gas

See less See more
#37 ·
So far it's just a one-off to appease myself. I am debating whether or not to have it copied. I'm not sure what companies in Wyo could duplicate it, might have to go down to Denver to find a place or SLC. My biggest concern would be running into patents that maybe magpul already has on it. I don't want to get into a battle with anybody over rights.

#40 ·
Not only that, but their original lower used the trigger box. There are enough differences that it should be good, but none the less touching base with them would be good to go.

If you want to donate the lower to me, I will go to Magpul HQ & talk to them about it since they just moved to about 30 mins away from me. :)

#51 ·
If it's going to be something I'm going to sell with my name attached to it, it's going to get refined a bit. I don't want to just copy what I have. I think it can be better, which is going to take more time etc.

#57 ·
Been awhile since I have looked at this forum. Not really doing much shooting these days, been busy just doing other things with my time. For those that are wondering I have not put any more work into making this a product that would be for sale. Appreciate the compliments though. I think that eventually a company will produce something, I see that 68 and marvin are getting closer to making it a reality which is cool, I hope they pull it off.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.