ACR Forum banner

7.62X39 Magazines

10K views 18 replies 13 participants last post by  c18cz858 
#1 ·
I have got all of the parts to send to Marvin Pitts for him to built me a 7.62X39 barrel for my ACR. The only problem I am having is finding Magazines for the 7.62X39 that are made for an AR-15. it any of you guy can send me or post the link for a company that has some in stock. I got the 7.62X39 bolt and firing pin from Mod 1 Sales and the Barrel from Soto Arms. I would like to get at least 4 mags for it that will work in my ACR.

#2 ·
c more mags

#8 · (Edited)
This is just my opinion, but without the same type mag designed specifically for that round, I'd just go 300BLK instead. I know there's an ammo availability issue, but having to constantly clear feed issues just ain't worth it for me.

Regardless of the platform, I've NEVER been a fan of this set-up. M4, XCR, ACR, etc...

Get it to work with AK mags though, and that's a whole other story.

#9 ·
I had a x39 kit, it was fun, real fun. But that's it. It worked flawlessly, but I would never trust it enough to fight with it or anything. More of just a cool factor type thing.

I now prefer that round in an ak only. I'll stick with .223 right now for the acr, and eventually maybe 300 blk. Not ruling that out yet.

#19 ·
C-products 10 rounders (xcr pistol mags) are the most reliable ar type mag out There
I bought ten asc mags and one worked fine. The others I had to upgrade with wolf springs.
I also had taken a mag spring out of one of my vz 58 mags to put in a asc, it worked.

But with the c-product-asc drama im not sure if c-products is even a company anymore

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.