ACR Forum banner
68K views 133 replies 41 participants last post by  c18cz858 
#1 ·
What magazine could be used if there is a 7.62x39 barrel produced by bushmaster? Will an AK mag fit? Will there be a new design?

#38 ·
never even give it a thought, assumed it to remain as hard after machining it as it was from the factory, ok will be VERY careful and watch for issue of hardness, thanks for the heads up!

#43 ·
UPDATE: managed to make it out in the snow long enough to fire 10 rounds of South African brass cased FMJ ammo -cycled each round manually, all good hits with no bad signs on the casing , also ejected smoothly enough, now working on my homemade piston spring return block( not able to use the facory unit my barrel diameter is to different) slowly trimming it down so it does not interfere with the cocking handle assembly hope to shoot it yet this weekend... will let you all know soon!

#46 ·
Jan. 11 UPDATE: attempted to fire the conversion in semi auto- it fired, extracted ,and ejected fine, even cocked the hammer!- but failed to load the next round. My conclusion is , the gas port needs to be enlarged a bit, had it drilled .080 not wanting to over gas it, will enlarge it as little as possible like .095 and try again will keep everyone posted

#49 ·
As you iterate up in hole diameter try to think of it in terms of area of gas port instead of diameter of the gas port. IE when you go to .080 that is x% increase in area instead of x% increase in diameter of the hole. Also, watch out if you have a stainless barrel, they don't like really small(less than 5 thousandths across the diameter) increases when you are drilling out a hole.

#52 ·
There are other claiming it and a bolt will be released later this year. If only.

#59 · (Edited)
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.