What Caliber Would You Pick If Available? (Ver2.0)
Join Today

View Poll Results: What Caliber Would You Pick If Available? (Ver2.0)

Voters
106. You may not vote on this poll
  • 6.8 SPC

22 20.75%
  • 6.5 / 264 LBC

7 6.60%
  • 300 Blackout

48 45.28%
  • 30 Remington AR

1 0.94%
  • 7.62x39

15 14.15%
  • 5.45x39

3 2.83%
  • 22 LR

1 0.94%
  • Big Bores (450 bushmaster, 50 Beowolf etc)

3 2.83%
  • other (6x45, etc, etc)

6 5.66%
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: What Caliber Would You Pick If Available? (Ver2.0)

What Caliber Would You Pick If Available? (Ver2.0)

Well, it's been a year since I created the last thread / poll with this question and thought it was time to create another one. Here are the results from the 1st poll:

6.8 SPC 23 votes
    6.5 / 264 LBC 10 votes
    300 BLK 17 votes
    30 Remington AR 2 votes
    7.62x39 24 votes
    22 LR 2 votes
    other 4 votes
    total of 82 votes

Figured with the new members since and some more info about whats on the horizon, time for a new one.....
    "Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt." - Pres. A. Lincoln

Official Site Vendor Argonauts ReInc's Avatar
    I was trying to see this but was asking the guys interested in the 6.5 and 7.62x39 bolts to post in the sticky on this sub forum. This would be interesting to see again.

Mike

I voted 6.8 but a factory 300 would be nice. S&w has one. I think the acr would benefit from the option. Im just waiting on what they said they would release rather than one not developed for the platform for the masses.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ACRForum.com
    Advertisements

Forum Lurker
    I like the 300blk , it seems like it has some better ballistics with a larger round and the possibilities for subsonic too.

300 BLK because I rarely get to shoot out past a couple hundred yards, and the power within that with supersonic ammo is awesome. Plus, the option of subsonic ammo..

And only having to change the barrel, not mess with bolt or mag issues.

But really, for the ACR to live up to the "adaptive" name, BM should sell gas blocks, barrel nuts, and piston parts freely to allow people to develop for the platform.
    yote likes this.
    Graphic design and branding.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Current stuff:
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Some of my clients include, or have included, AAC, Remington Defense, Daniel Defense, TrackingPoint, Barnes, Military Times, Ambush Firearms, Noveske, Blue Force Gear, Unity, Remington, Bushmaster, DPMS, Leupold, Sig, the NRA-ILA, etc.

Official Site Vendor Argonauts ReInc's Avatar
    You don't have to change the magazines for the 300 BLK? I thought they would have to reduce the forward guides that engage the shoulder of the 5.56 case. Could probably buy Pmags and run a broach through them to shave them down but it would be trickier with metal mags. I think logistically the 300 would be cool. It would interesting to see a SAW chambered for it.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by nagrom3 View Post
    You don't have to change the magazines for the 300 BLK? I thought they would have to reduce the forward guides that engage the shoulder of the 5.56 case. Could probably buy Pmags and run a broach through them to shave them down but it would be trickier with metal mags. I think logistically the 300 would be cool. It would interesting to see a SAW chambered for it.

Mike
    There is a SAW chambered for it. There is a video on youtube showing it. Really kool!!!!

ETA: Found it!!

And another (not sure this is a M249, but still kool)
    Last edited by cjt50; 11-19-2011 at 08:41 PM.
    "Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt." - Pres. A. Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by nagrom3 View Post

Mike
    Holy crap my long winded explanation got deleted... argh. anyway, short answer:

300 BLK uses standard UNMODIFIED GI mags, PMAGs, etc. and give you full capacity.

Some early remington subsonic rounds were loaded long and would feed better with a modified PMAG. This is not the case anymore. (Some handloaders (if they load long, or use some outdated 300 Whisper® recipes) can run into this problem).

The latest 300 BLK ammo uses 300 BLK-specific bullets (Remington, Sierra, and soon Barnes) that are long enough to load to mag length to improve feeding reliability and tapered enough to hit the mag ribs perfectly:

Current stuff:

Some of my clients include, or have included, AAC, Remington Defense, Daniel Defense, TrackingPoint, Barnes, Military Times, Ambush Firearms, Noveske, Blue Force Gear, Unity, Remington, Bushmaster, DPMS, Leupold, Sig, the NRA-ILA, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by cjt50 View Post
    There is a SAW chambered for it. There is a video on youtube showing it. Really kool!!!!
    Did someone say SAW in 300 BLK?

Current stuff:

Sweet. I remember taking my saw to the range to see what I could punch through. Which wasn't a whole lot but that just seems fun.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast