ACR Forum banner

6.8 LWRC PMAG ACR lower

5K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  ThunderDan19 
#1 ·
It has been a little while in the making, but I present the 6.8 ACR lower. As the title says, it is designed around the LWRC 6.8 PMAG. This of course is only the first prototype; however it is fully function, with the occasional hiccup which I hope to get worked out with tightening up some play and smoothing a few surfaces. This lower is made with a carbon fiber polymer mix by Nexus Tactical (shout out to Tom for helping me get the dimensions right and making the prototype).

Going to continue testing for a bit before I make revisions to the dimensions for a 2nd prototype. Also important is that the lower required modifications to the bolt catch and magazine catch inorder to function with the larger magazine. The magazine catch just required some material to be removed, the bolt catch on the other hand required material to be added to it so I will be looking at drawing up the dimensions and getting them made.

See less See more
#6 ·
Yes the project is still alive. On the second prototype right now and everything seems to be working. Currently it is on hold due to a few issues. Originally they were being produced by Nexus Tactical but since they are temporarily down I've been looking for other means of production. That and funds are jumping around between projects and new guns.

#9 ·
I’m rounding up the tools now to do lowers along with other stuff too. The lowers wouldn’t be bad once I get the first one done. They use the same brackets.

Right now I’m focusing on qd’s but that won’t take long.

I can help you with your project and if you want to make it officially later on you could let me know.

#12 ·
Hwmar was building a 6.8 lower with Tom before he shut the doors at Nexus. I was working on the 7.62 version. I’m not really looking into the 6.8 lowers yet with the 5.56 ones taking this long to get finished up.

The 6.8 project is up to Hwmar since he was doing the heavy lifting on that side.

I had a lead on the 6.8 barrel sets but Bushmaster required a 4 conversion kit minimum. I had 3 orders and they wouldn’t process it. They are now out of stock on them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.