Join Today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Project #5 - Airsoft AK Lower Conversion

Official Site Vendor Argonauts ReInc's Avatar

Project #5 - Airsoft AK Lower Conversion

Here are some pics
    Attachment 7081Attachment 7082
    Give me a while to post a video of the prototype running.

Here is the info. We modified an airsoft lower that we bought. I seem to recall it being about 90 dollars. Our plan was to find a way to modify it to take AK magazines and work with a real ACR firearm. There were quite a few things we had to remove and mill off to get this to work. That means that we will have to give some pretty specific instructions on what to cut out. We had to make one part to get this to work and we added quite a bit of JB weld to another spot, so that will mean at least one part, probably two(with more cutting for the second part). We used our safety selector parts and our trigger pack out of one of our proto ACRs, so we may have to come up with models for those parts too. The general plan is to model all the parts that are needed and, if possible, set them up on Shapeways so that anyone can get them when they need them instead of us keeping inventory. We will see how that plan works out. For those out there astute enough to notice the gas system on the barrel, you are correct that it is a carbine system. We had the OEM system modified by Keith Everett at M4 Precision(great guy and very talented Gunsmith) and it runs well on the 'U' setting with a regular gas port for a DI gun. It probably does this, instead of the usual running on 'S' off a DI hole, because the mag has to be very close(read slightly rubbing) on the bottom of the bolt carrier to allow rounds to be stripped off and fed in a reliable manner. Right now metal mags won't run consistently, Magpul mags run reliably(big surprise there(italics for sarcasm)), and Tapco mags might run ok. I will update this thread when I have more, just wanted to get something out there before you completely give up on us.
    viking likes this.
    Mike Morgan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Beware of the man that owns just one Rifle, he will know how to customize it.

For some reason I can't get the images to work.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Like and subscribe to my shooter pages

List of interest in ACR parts

Awesome work Mike.

Bringing the Masada concept to reality, one mod at a time...

4. Remove Advertisements
    ACRForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by DDustin View Post
    For some reason I can't get the images to work.
    Are you holding your tongue right? Take all the change out of your right pocket and put it in your left.

Yeah, I'm getting nothing from those links.

Yeah I cant open link either
    Joseph Kunze
    Owner/Gunsmith
    Kunze Kustomz LLC
    317 South Elmwood Ave.
    Burlington, WI 53105

262 210 6410

Weird. They don't work on my room computer (IE9). Anyone else try to open it with Google Chrome?

I wish you guys could've seen the pics. One featured two naked gorgeous ladies, making out on a Texas flag with Mike's AK lower in between them, and the other was Vlad Putin and Nobama dressed in drag, and getting punched simultaneously in the face by Chuck Norris.

Let's try one at a time.
    003.JPG
    DDustin and mpow66m like this.
    Mike Morgan

And the one that Ducky described. Sorry that the ladies are wearing some new multicam body paint that makes them invisible and I cropped out the rest of the stuff to get the pic to upload. No luck yet on the video, it's not that good anyway.
    004.JPG
    Last edited by Argonauts ReInc; 11-15-2014 at 06:29 AM.
    DDustin likes this.
    Mike Morgan

I see them fine on my phone, they are embedded, no link.

By the way, that is awesome.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast