Product #3 Handguard with Extension
Join Today
Page 1 of 31 12345611 ... LastLast
Like Tree40Likes

Thread: Product #3 Handguard with Extension

Official Site Vendor Argonauts ReInc's Avatar

Product #3 Handguard with Extension

These parts are for sale and ONLY THE STEEL are currently available(19FEB14). It comes in Black, Tan(ACR matched) or Uncoated. Material choices are Steel or Aluminum. The major difference between the steel and aluminum handguard is weight and strength. The steel is pretty much bomb proof, the aluminum is more for normal use.
    The weights are:
    Steel handguard - 12oz Steel extension - 9oz Total with hardware - 22 oz
    Aluminum handguard - 5 oz Aluminum extension - 3.5 oz Total with hardware - 9oz
    Options:
    Steel - Black, Tan or Uncoated - Handguard and Extension $100 shipping included.
    Aluminum - Black, or Tan - Handguard and Extension $275+9 shipping, Handguard 200+7, Extension 100+5.

If you already purchased a handguard before the extensions were available I will honor selling you an extension at 75+5 for shipping.

Please indicate what part and which color you would like when you send a check or money order.
    Please see the sticky in this vendor forum about purchasing things from us if you have any questions about the purchasing part and look through the thread if you want more information on the handguard or more pictures. Thanks for looking.

Ok guys here is the screen shot. This is the designed shape but there may be slight changes due to manufacturing.

Untitled.jpgIMG_20130206_211345.jpgIMG_20121030_230237.jpg(more pics on pages 11 - 17)

It is a handguard that ends just past the upper receiver and an extension piece that should go past a rifle length gas system. I will have it in flat black and coyote(don't know if it is going to be powder coat or cerakote yet). The extension is removable. I don't know if it will fit around a suppressor but it is set to clear 2" dia right now. It will require the use of common tools such as a hex wrench, screwdriver, or socket wrench for removal from the upper but it will come with all the hardware needed. I am working to keep as light as possible. It is about as wide as a plastic handguard. You can get rails on five sides of the handguard and 6 on the extension(maybe 8 but no guarantees). The slots you see will be able to accept screws for Magpul Rails. The top slot had to be a height that makes a bolt on rail slightly higher than the rail on the upper receiver.

Let me know what you think(except for Tommy because you're not supposed to put that stuff on this website).
    Last edited by Argonauts ReInc; 02-19-2014 at 01:15 PM. Reason: Moved price information to the first post
    lefthanded7 and DDustin like this.
    Mike Morgan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Beware of the man that owns just one Rifle, he will know how to customize it.

I like it, but i want a carbine length without the extension. How much for that?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Team A.P.W.R. - Tactics and Training Chief

I'm an idealist, with an assault rifle

I'll take it. Consider my check in the mail.

A question, so this is not going to be able to just slide on and off? It bolts to the upper?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by ACR500; 09-13-2012 at 05:05 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ACRForum.com
    Advertisements

Tommy, I am going to have to sell them as a set right now. Maybe later I will break them up. Think of it as an option for later.

500, Adding the quick removal feature would jack the price up. It will only require one bolt to be removed to slide the handguard off. I am using the same location as the quick removal pin for the bolt.
    Last edited by Argonauts ReInc; 09-13-2012 at 08:21 PM.
    Mike Morgan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Wise Member
    I think I would miss the quick disconect of the handguard.

oh ok. Well, the quick removal would be nice, but thats not bad. would the extension be able to be removed without taking the handguard off the rifle?

Yes, you could probably remove the extension without removing the handguard but it might be easier to take it off and then remove the extension.
    Mike Morgan

You build that, and you got my money Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Argonauts ReInc View Post
    Tommy, I am going to have to sell them as a set right now. Maybe later I will break them up. Think of it as an option for later.

500, Adding the quick removal feature would jack the price up. It will only require one bolt to be removed to slide the handguard off. I am using the same location as the quick removal pin for the bolt.
    If i buy the full set, id like to see what it looks like mounted on the rifle without the extension

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Team A.P.W.R. - Tactics and Training Chief

I'm an idealist, with an assault rifle

Mark me down like I said in the other thread. Coyote please.

Page 1 of 31 12345611 ... LastLast