First place on the first outing!!
Join Today
Like Tree8Likes
  • 5 Post By McBadger14
  • 2 Post By chrisman2731
  • 1 Post By callmecolt

Thread: First place on the first outing!!

Forum Lurker

First place on the first outing!!

I have had a black ACR before. It was one of the older ones made in Windham that i bought new from a major retailer. I sent 400 rounds through it without issue. I loved it, but sold it, because i thought that it was too much money to have sitting in one carbine. Well, i hated myself ever since i got rid of it, so i saved and sold a few guns to purchase a new one(straight from the factory with no handling marks and the packing grease still on{ACRection})in my preferred color,Coyote, just a few weeks ago. The wait was the most impatient i have felt about any purchase.... Anyway, as soon as i went to pick it up, i snapped on the EXPS3, zeroed it with 5(amazing-feeling) rounds total at 25 yards, and headed to a Uspsa match. Her and i took first by a margine of 15%. I will try to post the video, but no promises on this internet connection. This is my current configuration. My next addition will be an Eotech G33 Magnifier. Yes, it is loaded. The chamber is empty and the hammer down.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by McBadger14; 03-15-2014 at 03:26 PM.

Hell yes!

I'm running the same Eotech on my tan ACR too. And, it was damn near zero when I first attached it also!
    CEO/Owner
    Tacti-Cool Guns & Gear, Inc
    Santa Maria, Ca
    07 FFL / SOT

TCGNG.com

Forum Lurker
    I wish i could post the video from this iphone without posting it to youtube for the link. Is there a way?

4. Remove Advertisements
    ACRForum.com
    Advertisements

I'm trying out the exps3 on my acr also. I like it so far, a little heavy but not top bad imo. I zeroed mine in 4 rounds at 25
    Rest in Peace Franny
    Employee BBC Armament 07/02
    Email me for questions or Acr barrel conversions (remove spaces)
    templarprecision @ yahoo.com
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I love the loaded mag.
    "The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it". Thomas Jefferson

Forum Lurker
    W00T!! congrats, I intend to shoot both 3 gun and any rifle competition starting in about a month, assuming that the snow melts here in MA. I am currently a member of USPSA and I absolutely love to shoot (mostly pistols up until now). I had posted recently wanting to ensure that the ACR would be on par with other rifles for shooting in competition, I guess I have my answer. thanks man!
    McBadger14 and DDustin like this.

Forum Lurker
    All of my long guns hide around the house with fully-loaded mags and the hammer in the forward position. If there werent girlfriend's cats...and girlfriend in the building, they would be condition red

Wise Member
    I always have a loaded rifle near me in the house, or in the vehicle. Only exception is when on base for work. Then it is locked in under seat compartment.

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk
    ACR500 likes this.
    My ACR videos;

Quote Originally Posted by chrisman2731 View Post
    W00T!! congrats, I intend to shoot both 3 gun and any rifle competition starting in about a month, assuming that the snow melts here in MA. I am currently a member of USPSA and I absolutely love to shoot (mostly pistols up until now). I had posted recently wanting to ensure that the ACR would be on par with other rifles for shooting in competition, I guess I have my answer. thanks man!
    Local matches the ACR will beat out all of the stock ARs easy. Club level and major matches you should start swapping the trigger, optic, get a good brake like the Titan or SF and Marvins lightened bolt carrier and tuned gas system. Mine is very competitive and once I get back the match barrel and add the non qd trunnion I would put it on par with the JP rifle which is the standard in 3gun, only the ACR has better ergonomics.

No matter what, get out there and compete. It's tons of fun and the more people running ACRs the more aftermarket support we'll get.

Oh and I always keep the rifle with a mag in, hammer cocked with the safety on and empty chamber. It's just how we always did it in the Army and it's a bit safer. If you, a friend or kid manages to somehow chamber a round, the safety is already on whereas with the hammer down, safety off it's hot before you can engage the safety when a round is chambered. I keep shotguns the same way. The tubes full with the chamber empty but the pumps racked so that it's locked in place. You've got to press the unlock button to rack in a shell then disengage the safety.
    Last edited by DDustin; 06-08-2014 at 11:38 PM.

Like and subscribe to my shooter pages

List of interest in ACR parts

good job,shouldve stuck with the blk ACR theyre more accurate.
    ''He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one.'' - Luke 22:36.

''The only way to truly hurt a man is to take away everything that he valued and degrade it and remind him of it every day of his life. BUT by doing this you also create a monster and you will regret ever harming that man because he will be your greatest horror.''