First Time Out With ACR
Join Today
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mitchacr

Thread: First Time Out With ACR

Forum Lurker

First Time Out With ACR

Well guys and gals I got to try out my ACR last week for the first time and I wanted to share my experiences.

ACR info...

Bone Stock, DMR 18.5 inch barrel, Geissele Trigger

Accuracy: Dont know...got the scope set up and was hitting steel at about 350 yards fairly consistently so seems on point.

Shoulder Firing: She is heavy, I am weak. Remedy, lift weights.

Shooting Prone: A dream, absolutely smooth.

So I have an XCR L 3 Gun Comp model and can no longer use it due to recent Canadian law changes. I picked up an ACR as the manual of arms is quite similar and I prefer side charging handle and the nifty location of the bolt stop/release to any other variation out there. The feel of the XCR in hand standing and shooting is better but the recoil impulse is nicer on the ACR as is the overall "smoothness" of the rifle when firing. Also the trigger on the ACR surprised me twice...she is sensitive. I like it but need to get used to it.

So out of my top three rifles (XCR ACR X95) I would have to say the ACR is the most pleasant to shoot. Also I feel it will be the most accurate due to the trigger and the heavy profile on the barrel. The X95 is good for a shot or three and then it decides to do its own thing (still love it).

Just wanted to share my experience and due to the new laws in Canada I had to abandon the XCR platform and I don't miss it one bit. The ACR is top notch and if only I could get her to shed a little weight she would be my number one.
    horseman04 likes this.

Sounds like you had a good first experience with it! If you ever get a chance, try with 6.8 SPC. It's even more satisfying.

I'm curious, what happens to your newly illegal guns? Is King Justin going to cut you all checks and take them to the scrapyard?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Peace Through Superior Firepower.

Forum Lurker
    As it stands now there is a two year amnesty where we are free from prosecution from the law as long as our licence is current and we abide by the storage rules and don't violate the new rules of no using, transporting, buying or selling of them. During the two years they will decide what will happen with them. There is talk of a buy back (we get $200-300.00 for our rifle), grandfathering (we get to keep them but they can never leave our house and cant be used and when we die they get destroyed), turned in for destruction without compensation, export (only with the proper authorized import and export permits in place), or deactivated (Turned into a paper weight).

The whole thing is a joke to make dumb people think the government cares and is doing something.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ACRForum.com
    Advertisements

Forum Lurker
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan19 View Post
    Sounds like you had a good first experience with it! If you ever get a chance, try with 6.8 SPC. It's even more satisfying.

I'm curious, what happens to your newly illegal guns? Is King Justin going to cut you all checks and take them to the scrapyard?
    I haven't tried 6.8 spc...I would love to and the response from Wrenchgod is spot on as far as the way Comrade Trudeaus laws work with one exception, we don't know if or how much the buy back will be yet. Also there are two legal challenges being prepared for presentation to the courts about what he did so who knows if this can be stopped, overturned or relaxed.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrenchgod View Post
    As it stands now there is a two year amnesty where we are free from prosecution from the law as long as our licence is current and we abide by the storage rules and don't violate the new rules of no using, transporting, buying or selling of them. During the two years they will decide what will happen with them. There is talk of a buy back (we get $200-300.00 for our rifle), grandfathering (we get to keep them but they can never leave our house and cant be used and when we die they get destroyed), turned in for destruction without compensation, export (only with the proper authorized import and export permits in place), or deactivated (Turned into a paper weight).

The whole thing is a joke to make dumb people think the government cares and is doing something.
    +1

Well, at least there's still hope that your system has some check and balances in place to overrule that massive power grab. Let's hope and pray it gets overturned as it should. It's always a tragedy when people's rights to freedom and self determination get unilaterally stomped by a tyrant, particularly when those people are our good neighbors to the north. I still don't get how that d-bag got elected. You guys were on a better trajectory than we were just a few years back.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Forum Lurker
    We sold out our country for the promise of legal pot. Our other big issue is that the Conservative party keeps bringing up the abortion and trans issues. That's a killer for a lot of Canadians that want to be left alone.

We have some good candidates for this go around but once they open their mouth about those issues we lose ground.

How long does King Justin have left in his term? You guys need a Donald Trump/Boris Johnson type - conservative/libertarian. Look for somebody with really weird hair...

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search for related topics.