An Aftermarket mag release buyer beware!
Join Today
    Forum Lurker

An Aftermarket mag release buyer beware!

I normally don't like calling someone out for bad business, and would rather settle with one on one discourse, I feel this is necessary. When I see other people are getting in contact with the business, and my multiple email inquiries go unanswered for months, it sends a rather clear message that I'm being ignored.

The product in question is the Nexus Tactical Enhanced magazine release. When I first saw this was something to give myself a bit more purchase for my mag release, I was excited. I had intended on making the ACR a backup for my 3 gun should my primary go out of order and figured this was an awesome bit of extra to help try and gain at least a bit of an edge. Upon getting it however, I discovered it wasn't working on my ACR. I contacted Tom after installing it, and provided pictures showing that the paddle had an extensive amount of flex, so much so that it only released the magazine if you pushed in on the spot that was pretty much where the stock magazine release was.

Now, I understand he has a no refund policy, albeit absolutely obscured by a picture on his website, and figured since it's his product, and for what I paid, he should be made aware of it. However, he responded stating he'd be shipping me aluminum paddles to rectify it, much to my elation. He didn't have to, of course, but it's a solution that would have worked wonders to fix the problem. This was back in June of 2017 that I first talked to him, and got the mag release. I figured he'd get back in touch when he got the paddles in stock, or have an ETA on when he should have them in stock, and would ship them out. I gave it till September before I asked again, and again in November, but again, I heard NOTHING since June.

In basic summary, this. If your product works, great. If you have an issue, it sounds like he'll throw you under the bus. If this is the case, I hope I'm the only one, But I'm out 45 bucks on a faulty product and horrible customer service, despite being extremely patient on a response of any kind. The fact I had sent emails that were ignored, and others getting in touch with him, only says to me, that he was hoping the issue would be swept under the rug.

For an example of great CS. Ramy, with the username of rpmtool here on the forum is exceedingly wonderful to deal with. If I get another ACR and it's in need of a handguard or (hint hint ramy) makes a stronger, bigger mag release, I'll buy it up in a heartbeat.

Image of the problem child.
    IMG_20170616_200410146.jpg

Forum Lurker
    Any updates.

Forum Lurker
    Quote Originally Posted by Katzma View Post
    Any updates.
    Nada! part of me was hoping this was a way to get in touch, but it seems to have fallen on deaf ears.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ACRForum.com
    Advertisements

Forum Lurker
    I have ordered one of these and had a response about two days ago. He says the next shipment is forthcoming. I hope this does not turn out to be a problem for me. Found this thread after i ordered.

Forum Lurker
    Thanks for the heads up