Cannot remove bolt carrier from reciever.
Join Today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Resolved Cannot remove bolt carrier from reciever.

I have searched here and elsewhere online and found that some others have had issues with not being able to reinstall the firing pin retaining pin easily due to the O-ring. I had that issue. It would not allow the carrier to fit back into the reciever at all unless the pin was flush. I managed to get it back together but it must have popped out a little and now the carrier group wont slide all the way out. I noticed the bolt guides may be removable but im not touching it till bushmaster looks at it as I have to send it in for the recall anyway. The manual does say the rifle will function properly without that O-ring but I don't like having that piece not secured. I also don't want that not fully seated and have the head of the pin wearing into the guide.
    Last edited by oif0709; 04-28-2011 at 05:52 AM.

Still functions?

Yes it seems to still function properly. I havnt fired it yet but it does cycle properly. Bm said to just include a note with the rifle when I send it in for recall and they will take a look at it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ACRForum.com
    Advertisements

DSM
    Don't be afraid to put some ass behind it when you reinstall it. It should pop back in.

I had the same troubles with mine when i first bought it but after having disassembled/assembled it several dozen times since it's no longer an issue.

move the charging handle, also make sure the springed bar is not upside down
    Last edited by OverArmedNewb; 04-16-2011 at 11:06 AM.

Thanks everyone ill try it. I was going to try hitting the pin with a flat punch to seat the O-ring. Ill try moving the charging handle also. If I cannot get it I will ship it out by monday. I have my shipping label just need a box.

Ok thanks for the advice I did get the bold carrier removed. I noticed wear marks in the firing pin retaining pin from the guide. I don't think they would be there if the pin was seated fully as it ought to be but I am going to put a punch to it. I will try to include a photo. The marks are only after cycling the bolt a dozen times by hand. I have not fired it yet so the pin could of worn more otherwise. Im not overly concerned not thanks to the help I received here so I will move on and when im satisfied I will call it resolved. Thanks again everyone.2011-04-16_13-32-14_59.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by oif0709 View Post
    Thanks everyone ill try it. I was going to try hitting the pin with a flat punch to seat the O-ring. Ill try moving the charging handle also. If I cannot get it I will ship it out by monday. I have my shipping label just need a box.
    When I got mine back from recall, the o-ring was a little marred. Apparently the armorer had similar trouble. It fits better now actually. Still before then, I used a round to seat the pin. Simple and available.
    Proud Member of Team A.P.W.R.

West Virginia Law Enforcement Officer
    "That's all the bullets we had." -- Polk County, Florida Sheriff, Grady Judd responding to a reporter's question of why his deputies shot a cop killer 68 times.

Yep its deffinatly the little little pin on the ar carrier. Im anxious to fire it.

resolved. bolt carrier cannot be removed

Everything is resolved. I pounded in the firing pin retaining pin with a punch and it seated properly. I could see the slide screw in the upper that was holding it up. Thanks for your help.everyone.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast