Anyone with an 11.5” barrel on an ACR ?
Join Today
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By bigdog2003_99

Thread: Anyone with an 11.5” barrel on an ACR ?

Anyone with an 11.5” barrel on an ACR ?

Getting ready to SBR my ACR .... pretty sold on 11.5” as a barrel length.

Anyone with experience ?

I like my 11.5 AR pistol. I think it’s as short as I would go on 5.56. I’m looking for a 14.5 acr barrel in 300 blk or 556.

Forum Lurker
    I literally was going to post something on this, was wondering if anyone had used a Proof Research 11.5" yet. thinking about a super light SBR build

4. Remove Advertisements
    ACRForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by winterborn View Post
    I literally was going to post something on this, was wondering if anyone had used a Proof Research 11.5" yet. thinking about a super light SBR build
    I’ll be building this exact setup for a customer right before or right after shot show.
    winterborn likes this.
    Rest in Peace Franny
    Employee BBC Armament 07/02
    Email me for questions or Acr barrel conversions (remove spaces)
    templarprecision @ yahoo.com
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Forum Lurker

I’m also interested in the 11.5”. I plan on making my ACR an SBR soon and wonder how much better ballistically is the 11.5” over a 10”.

Forum Lurker
    There is an article on the Small Arms Defense Journal that goes all nerded out on the numbers behind barrel length:
    Barrel Length Studies in 5.56mm NATO Weapons

Beyond the simple answer "an extra 1.5" on the barrel helps the ballistics" there are other factors, velocity and Pressure at the end of the barrel. The biggest factor I saw when I read the article is the Velocity, anything below 2500 fps and you don't have enough 'umph' behind your round to make it effective in a fight. But that is me and what I look for, also I have grown very fond of cans, so the higher the barrel pressure at the end of your rifle, the more of a beating your can takes and the higher the decibels of your rifle.

Forum Lurker
    I started out with a 10.5", but I think I've settled on 12.5" for my ACR. I'm thinking one of those Daniel Defense CHF 14.5" lightweight barrels, cut down to 12.5" is how I'm going to go.

Forum Lurker
    I have and shoot 7",8", 10.5", 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16", 18"and 20" 5.56 barreled rifles/pistols and they all put rounds on target effectively.

Feel free to send me your unwanted 10.5" ACR barrel assemblies, I will give them a forever home.

The acr has a phenomenal barrel, no sense replacing it when you can cut it down, I'm even reprofilling a pistol barrel on tuesday, I've done 6 rifle barrel reprofiles with the acr.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search for related topics.