ACR needs TLC
Join Today

Thread: ACR needs TLC

Forum Lurker

ACR needs TLC

Just picked up a used ACR and its needs some love. It seems it was rode hard and put up wet. It's missing a couple screws, the brass deflector, grip plug and some scuffs/scratches. Where do you guys get your parts? I called bushmaster directly, they were no help.
    Last edited by 40calpunisher; 01-02-2020 at 01:34 PM.

Forum Lurker
    And since it doesn't have a brass deflector, there is a bunch of brass rash on the receiver... ideas for removing brass deposits? I lightly rubbed it with 0000 steel wool and wd40. Didnt do much. I might try it again with more pressure.

Make a paste with salt wet with vinegar and brush it on and let it sit for 5 minutes or less, wash off. Hit up Templar precision for parts he's on here too.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ACRForum.com
    Advertisements

Forum Lurker
    I will try that. Its a Windham btw. From what I've gathered thats the build to have correct? Do Windham barrels ever come loose or is that just a Remington thing?

It’s a Bushmaster Acr thing. Its not a super common issue but it happens. If you tighten the barrel fairly tight it won’t come loose. The newer Remington Acr’s use a different barrel lockup that doesn’t come loose.
    Rest in Peace Franny
    Employee BBC Armament 07/02
    Email me for questions or Acr barrel conversions (remove spaces)
    templarprecision @ yahoo.com
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Forum Lurker
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdog2003_99 View Post
    It’s a Bushmaster Acr thing. Its not a super common issue but it happens. If you tighten the barrel fairly tight it won’t come loose. The newer Remington Acr’s use a different barrel lockup that doesn’t come loose.
    +1

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search for related topics.