Trigger not resetting
Join Today
    Forum Lurker

Trigger not resetting

Hello, last year I inherited my father's ACR and it has an issue. That gun will fire, eject the brass and feed in a new round but, the trigger will not reset unless I pull the bolt back. It's also missing it's gas regulator. Does anyone have any ideas on the rifles issues and how I can fix them.

1st, you need the gas regulator. Not sure how it’s cycling at all without it.
    I'm slowly adding to YouTube
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Well no shit it's not working without the gas regulator! Get that replaced and you should be good.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ACRForum.com
    Advertisements

Forum Lurker
    Sounds like however its actually cycling without the regulator is short stroking it and not cycling the carrier back far enough to reset the fire control group. As already mentioned, start by getting one of those. Bushmaster should sell you one, I believe they are around $95 from what I've read

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderhorse View Post
    Sounds like however its actually cycling without the regulator is short stroking it and not cycling the carrier back far enough to reset the fire control group. As already mentioned, start by getting one of those. Bushmaster should sell you one, I believe they are around $95 from what I've read
    Couldn't be; the hammer is reset LONG before the bolt moves far enough back to eject OR pick up a round. But then again, it shouldn't be possible for the bolt to cycle at all with no regulator. Nothing about this makes sense; how is it cycling at all without a regulator, it should be a bolt action without one.

You are dumping about 90-95% of the gas out of the rifle. If you need a regulator I stock them at any given time. They are 73 shipped to you for one.
    Rest in Peace Franny
    Employee BBC Armament 07/02
    Email me for questions or Acr barrel conversions (remove spaces)
    templarprecision @ yahoo.com
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Forum Lurker
    I think I figured out how the regulator was misplaced.
    Attached Images Attached Images

It looks like you've confirmed the regulator is missing. I'm not see anything that tells why it was it is missing. Bought a new one yet? Part number F1009209.

That needs a good cleaning, too...

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search for related topics.