Failure to eject? does the ACR have an ejector?
Join Today
    Forum Lurker

Failure to eject? does the ACR have an ejector?

I had several failure to ejects this past weekend, they were stove piped, sticking out of the ejection port

... some had even completely flipped around

extractor was definitely working properly

did I break off the ejector? can someone please show me a drawing or an exploded view diagram that displays how the spent casing are ejected?

is there anything else I should be looking at - all pictures would be super helpful

thanks

Do you have an ACR with the original brass deflector? That was known to cause malfunctions as it could cause the spent case to bounce back into the action.

What would make you think the ACR doesn't have an ejector?!! Of course it does; how could it eject cases without one? The ACR's ejector is exactly the same as an AR's; a spring-loaded pin in the face of the bolt.

Forum Lurker
    haven't ever had problems with the brass deflector until now

4. Remove Advertisements
    ACRForum.com
    Advertisements

So both of my very early ACRs came with the original brass deflector. I never got brass caught between the front of the ejection port and the bolt, but I did have the front of my ejection port peppered with brass from the deflector kicking it straight forward. After putting the new style deflector on my rifles I've never had that problem since.

Not sure it'll fix the issue you're seeing, but I'd definitely recommend getting the new style deflector for your rifle. It's well worth it. Looks cooler too, which is always a bonus.

Forum Lurker
    I had a competition this past weekend, and I tried turning the gas down to "S" as I had read someone else's blog that it could have been "over gassed". worked well, I did have two consecutive failure to go into battery, but the rest of the day it was perfectly fine

I should have mentioned I started having this problem once I received back a new 223 wylde barrel with pinned brake & a lightened bolt from Dana Beck. Pure speculation on my part, but I believe the reciprocating mass reduction and the shorter barrel system made a difference with the cheap 556 ammo.

I let him know and he was helpful, I'm going to try 223 rem ammo to see if that make a difference with both gas settings

Take a video of your action cycle showing the ejection port. If possible, in sunlight with the super slow mode on your phone. Messing with the gas settings won't fix a broken extractor or ejector.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search for related topics.