2 firing pins sheared in 2 months
Join Today

2 firing pins sheared in 2 months

I have sheared the tips of 2 firing pins in the last 2 months. The latest 1 was a titanium replacement firing pin. I've had a Franklin Armory Binary Trigger in my ACR for close to 2 years now and have put about 5000 rounds through it with no problems and then just the last 2 months I've been getting 2 and 3 round burst on release of the trigger without it being switched into the binary. The new firing pin only lasted roughly 60 rounds before it sheared. Could the trigger be responsible for jacking my firing pins up? Any ideas? In the picture the firing pin on the right is the stock and the one on the left is the titanium. I appreciate any input.
    Attached Images Attached Images

My guess would be something had changed with the trigger pack, a worn out part would be my guess. Give Franklin Armory a jingle and run it past them, I'm would bet this isn't the 1st time that this has happen.
    "Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt." - Pres. A. Lincoln

Look at the face of your bolt carefully and make sure the hole that your firing pin protudes through is circular and not an irregular shape that matches those pins! I've seen only one other person who had a bad bolt due to that hole not being drilled correctly or something. Looks like a bolt issue

4. Remove Advertisements
    ACRForum.com
    Advertisements

Thanks it did turn out to be a bolt issue. I've got a new bolt on the way. Can't wait to get up and running again.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Forum Lurker
    Quote Originally Posted by WarHawk13 View Post
    Thanks it did turn out to be a bolt issue. I've got a new bolt on the way. Can't wait to get up and running again.
    Is Bushmaster covering it? Just curious.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search for related topics.