KRG ACR Handguard note
Join Today
    Forum Lurker

KRG ACR Handguard note

So I got my KRG handguard and couldn’t help but think maybe it should have used the screw down holes up front and not the quick change posts to be held on.

I may put mine in Mr. CNC and drink some coffee while it fixes that lol.

I know it keeps the QD function but I can’t trust the gun to keep zero on any of the accessories mounted on the rail with it sorta rattling like that.

What accessories are you mounting to the handguard that are used for aiming and why aren't they on the top rail?

Edit---
    I've never seen that rail before. My bad. I'd immediately want to mount a dbal in the front. Assuming it's this one:
    https://kineticresearchgroup.com/pro...ion-forend-qd/

I would have assumed those socket head cap screws were going into the ACR receiver's threaded holes and not the QD notches.

Yup, precision drill holes in the HG so it's a more permanent fit. Maybe beef up the pegs that go in the notch so they are a tighter fit as well.
    Last edited by jamesavery22; 06-19-2019 at 09:56 AM.

Forum Lurker
    Its actually back and forth movement. I talked to KRG about it and they were super helpful.

Things that may be in play here:

1. KRG has a ton of these hand guards on ACR's, and they fit TIGHT.
    2. My gun is a brand new DMR - with a curious serial number. It essentially says its serial number 97. So there is some chance my gun was made on all new tooling. Hence a narrower front end.
    3. Agreed - I think that both holes should be there - threaded boss hole AND peg hole, so you can choose. Peg hole already setup and good to go, auxiliary holes as needed.

Thankfully, the fix is to put on weld nuts similar to the ones used on MOE hand guard stuf instead of the studs and tighten. Works easy enough. Still might make a trip to the mill with it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ACRForum.com
    Advertisements

I personally hate the front screw down holes. They strip super easy. I had to put a nut on the inside of my receiver to lock it down tight.
    Rest in Peace Franny
    Employee BBC Armament 07/02
    Email me for questions or Acr barrel conversions (remove spaces)
    templarprecision @ yahoo.com
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Forum Lurker
    Interesting - I ended up using backer plates and it worked out OK.

What's the thread on that thread hole?

Edit

8-32
    Last edited by jamesavery22; 07-07-2019 at 06:54 PM.

Forum Lurker
    We had planned a second version of the handguard that was a bolt on one, that's why we kept the QD one with a cleaner look. That is still open whether we do that version or not. In the meantime, anyone who wants can pull the locking nubs off of there and run a longer 8-32 screw through to a backing nut inside the upper receiver and that will lock it up tight.

As mentioned it's best to avoid trying to screw into the receiver threaded holes as that is a thin area and it's 6061 aluminum. The better bet is to add a hole further back where the very front mounting point is for the steel rail. You can run a screw through the handguard and receiver that threads into the steel rail.

Thanks guys for your business!
    Justin

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search for related topics.