5.56 bolt longevity...
Join Today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 5.56 bolt longevity...

Forum Lurker

5.56 bolt longevity...

How many rounds would you guys say a single 5.56 acr bolt would last? What about the bolt carrier group as a whole? I only ask in the event that parts availability drops to zero. Hopefully long enough to live through two new barrels? Cause that's all I have... hopefully in a few years SOMEONE will make this stuff again as a side run... I'd buy some stuff. Hell it's not like a bolt is that hard to produce, right? Sigh... I've come to love this rifle even though I've only owned one for a short time.

You’re gonna be good for a long time. BCGs don’t just break outta nowhere.

My bolt carrier cracked at the cam pin slot at around 7500 rounds. Also my bolt face was looking pretty ragged at the same point. With that said, I have not heard or read that it's a platform wide problem.

https://www.acrforum.com/forum/acr-t...-page-4-a.html
    "Tis better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt." - Pres. A. Lincoln

4. Remove Advertisements
    ACRForum.com
    Advertisements

Forum Lurker
    I expect mine to give me a life less like an AR (where its common to replace) and more like an AK (where the bolt basically lasts as long as the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderhorse View Post
    I expect mine to give me a life less like an AR (where its common to replace) and more like an AK (where the bolt basically lasts as long as the rifle.
    Thats my expectation as well

Forum Lurker
    I’ve been hunting for one to buy (Need a 223/556) just don’t want to spend the ridiculous price of $600 somebody wants on gunbroker

Forum Lurker
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueline84 View Post
    I’ve been hunting for one to buy (Need a 223/556) just don’t want to spend the ridiculous price of $600 somebody wants on gunbroker
    Templar is working on producing new ones; I expect they'll cost more than before Bushmaster folded, but low enough to make the guys paying $550 for them now feel bad.

Forum Lurker
    Crazy prices. I ended up buying a complete bolt with carrier and guide rod for way less then what people are trying to get just for a bolt.
    FocusTripp likes this.

Forum Lurker
    I hope someone picks it up. I'm not too jazzed about running ammo through a factory 6.8 now.

Forum Lurker
    pretty sure youll shoot out your barrel before bolt breaks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search for related topics.