Remington Files For Bankruptcy! ACR prototypes and templates Destroyed.
Join Today
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Remington Files For Bankruptcy! ACR prototypes and templates Destroyed.

  1. #1
    Forum Lurker
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    10

    Angry Remington Files For Bankruptcy! ACR prototypes and templates Destroyed.

    If everyone on the forums is wondering why they been seeing site shut downs for Bushmaster and DPMs thewn look no further as to why ACR's are no longer made. Remingotn Arms filed for bankruptcy today. The Navajo Nation is prepping for a bid to acquire its assets. Wonder what other peoples thoughts are? Think Remington would fit well with a company like SIG Sauer, or Colt, Maybe Smith and Wesson? I spoke with one of the engineers of the ACR and they basically destroyed all their templates and files for the ACR. So their are nothing else coming out of this company as far future plans to make the gun. Queen Karen's and the Soccer moms won again. Let me know what you guys think?


    https://www.wsj.com/articles/gun-mak...on-11593186468

    https://www.nasdaq.com/articles/remi...rce-2020-06-26

    https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/comp...on/ar-BB160Dmj

  2. #2
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Greatest nation in the world
    Posts
    208
    https://www.acrforum.com/forum/acr-g...-s-future.html


    We’ve been talking about it for awhile in this thread

  3. #3
    Forum Lurker
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    132
    The ACR was discontinued at the beginning of February when they canned DPMS and Bushmaster. I figured AAC would be the next one the be killed off, but I suppose this step makes sense since their last restructuring bankruptcy.

    Looks like the Vulture Capitalists running the show have picked the bones clean and are ready to move on to their next victim.

    Specific to the ACR, one would presume that all the IP owned by the company would be sold in the bankruptcy acquisition. I am not sure of what the Navajo Nation's politics are like or if Magpul would still have any design details for the ACR, but this looks as though it could present more of a way forward for the rifle than leaving it with Remington.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    ACRForum.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Greatest nation in the world
    Posts
    208
    Agreed, anything is better than dead in the water. Let’s hope Navajo Nation is in it for the right reasons.

  6. #5
    Forum Lurker HWMar2171's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    163
    Quote Originally Posted by toast_182 View Post
    Agreed, anything is better than dead in the water. Let’s hope Navajo Nation is in it for the right reasons.
    They are absolutely not. From what I heard they intend on completely killing the AR type rifle lines. Their focus sounds like it is going to be 'sporting firearms'. Not sure if this is politically motivated or just business. In all fairness Remington is mainly know for their R700 and 870, DPMS and Bushmaster have always felt like a more budget brand AR. At any rate the best possible out come is that some other company picks up the ACR and runs with it. Literally any company, I'm tired of the Remington/Bushmaster bullshit that's been going on.
    FocusTripp likes this.

  7. #6
    Forum Lurker
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    3
    The biggest problem is that the ACR was outsourced to several different companies. Remington only made the barrel, all other parts are made by subcontractors. Magpul made all the plastics. They sent the barrels out to have the gas block and trunnion installed by another subcontractors. The only thing Remington did was the final assembly and packaging. They had spent more money buying all the parts than they made from selling the rifle. Remington was only pushing out 70 rifles a day when they ran the ACR shift, meanwhile other mid-sized AR manufacturers were pushing at least 5000 rifles per week.

    It was very evident that the goal for the ACR was solely to win a military/LEO contract. They never cared about the civilian market.

    Maybe if we went back to 2010 and gave another company a try, then the ACR may have ended up as a success. But unfortunately, it’s 2020. There’s so many similar rifles out there, so many new piston designs, so many profitable AR-platforms. These days, no manufacturer would be dumb enough to take a risk with the ACR, especially now that the ACR is branded with a poor reputation. Even if you gave the licensing away for free, no major manufacturer would take it.

    I hope I’m wrong and the ACR will eventually have a comeback, but logically speaking, the ACR is gone and there’s no incentives to bring it back.

  8. #7
    Wise Member 10Industries's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,064
    The ACR will return - alot of karens talk big on the internet, but they sold alot of rifles - the 70 per week is 37,000 over the run and that seems to have been the low end. Remington handled law enforcement sales, which is why they branded the civilian version bushmaster to delineate.

    The dust needs to settle.

    Remington is facing scrutiny that tribal governance will not, MSR's are being attacked by the Karen special police - they will not invade tribal lands to do so. So what is said, not said or what appears to be is not necessarily what will be. I assume that any investment or takeover is going to buy all assests and utilize them.

    It seems to be possible with the right people, design changes and push that they can achieve profit margins direct to consumer / ffl that almost any other industry would drool over.

    Magpul has proven with the Ronin that it can produce anything it wants, if they could just get Travis and his son Mike and his grand son Lucas to stop toeing the I hate magpul naow cuz they fired me line, that would go along way.

  9. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    166
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderhorse View Post
    The ACR was discontinued at the beginning of February when they canned DPMS and Bushmaster. I figured AAC would be the next one the be killed off, but I suppose this step makes sense since their last restructuring bankruptcy.

    Looks like the Vulture Capitalists running the show have picked the bones clean and are ready to move on to their next victim.

    Specific to the ACR, one would presume that all the IP owned by the company would be sold in the bankruptcy acquisition. I am not sure of what the Navajo Nation's politics are like or if Magpul would still have any design details for the ACR, but this looks as though it could present more of a way forward for the rifle than leaving it with Remington.
    +1

  10. #9
    Forum Lurker
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    132
    Quote Originally Posted by rarbar99 View Post
    The biggest problem is that the ACR was outsourced to several different companies. Remington only made the barrel, all other parts are made by subcontractors. Magpul made all the plastics. They sent the barrels out to have the gas block and trunnion installed by another subcontractors. The only thing Remington did was the final assembly and packaging. They had spent more money buying all the parts than they made from selling the rifle. Remington was only pushing out 70 rifles a day when they ran the ACR shift, meanwhile other mid-sized AR manufacturers were pushing at least 5000 rifles per week.

    It was very evident that the goal for the ACR was solely to win a military/LEO contract. They never cared about the civilian market.

    Maybe if we went back to 2010 and gave another company a try, then the ACR may have ended up as a success. But unfortunately, it’s 2020. There’s so many similar rifles out there, so many new piston designs, so many profitable AR-platforms. These days, no manufacturer would be dumb enough to take a risk with the ACR, especially now that the ACR is branded with a poor reputation. Even if you gave the licensing away for free, no major manufacturer would take it.

    I hope I’m wrong and the ACR will eventually have a comeback, but logically speaking, the ACR is gone and there’s no incentives to bring it back.
    I don't agree with that, nobody selling a *not AR* rifle thinks they are going to sell the same quantity of their not-AR that their sort of competitors are selling of ARs.

    This rifle competes against rifles like the XCR, SCAR, CZ Bren 2, and Beretta ARX-100; it is targeted towards people who either have enough ARs and want something different that has common magazines and bolt-ons so they don't have top completely reinvest in something like an AK. It is also targeted towards people like me who don't like AR's but want a modern tactical carbine that can make use of much of the AR aftermarket.

    A lot of interest was lost in the ACR in the first couple of years after it came out when the parts support that was promised never materialized, MAC even said they preferred it to the SCAR 16. The quality of the rifle never really came into question until Travis Haley started shitting on it because it allegedly wasn't what he dreamed his 2/3 non-functional prototypes would be and he had an axe to grind against Magpul; and the MAC pistol video from a few months ago that made everyone question the QC and think the Windham rifles were the best. IMHO most people's opinion of the actual rifle is positive, and it is thought of as a rifle that could have been better than it was had it launched with a more realistic price point by a company that supported it.

    Do away with Bushmaster, and the reputation for parts support goes from being none, to unknown. Releasing it with conversions and stuff available or as a non QD setup that is lighter in weight like a SCAR or Bren 2 solves those issues.

    The only thing it really would have to work against would be the same thing it had to under Bushmaster: Magpul made wild claims about the weight and the price. The only major changes made from the Masada to the ACR were the removal of the folding iron sights (good move IMHO), they went to a two position gas jet instead of a 3 position, and they moved the charging handle location forward. Everything else was a change to either make the rifle actually function, or make it able to be produced on a large scale.

    I think if it was re-released and had .300blk, 6.5 Grendel, 6.8 SPC, 7.62X39 and maybe one or two more options for conversions at the time of release to show people that it would get the support promised with no waiting, it would be a success. Make it have M-lok or slimline polymer handguard options-maybe keymod, an aluminum or even plastic lower that takes AR grips, lowers that use AK mags, etc... and it would be much better received. Hell, offer it as a base rifle with a non-QD trunnion that uses barrel nuts instead of an attached wrench and you streamline production and shave off weight.

    I do think Magpul made themselves the only OEM for the plastic furniture parts FWIW, it would just make sense for them, and some of the textures are I believe proprietary.

  11. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Greatest nation in the world
    Posts
    208
    Solid and thorough rundown. I notice a few different takes on this topic from multiple different people. Many different opinions and theories; but in the end we won’t know anything until something happens. Right now we are in the exact same boat we were in when Bushmaster owned it and having the exact same thing happen when Bushmaster owned it....NOTHING. So since nothing is different besides people price gouging on gunbroker and limited parts availability (again not any different than when Bushmaster owned it), we’re gonna be just fine because we’ve been just fine for 10 years now. Everything is speculation until something happens; we’ve been the most patient niche gun owners so far, nothing new about waiting to see who else breaks our hearts or puts us back on track. Just my .02 for what it’s worth.


 
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search for related topics.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •