Remington Files For Bankruptcy! ACR prototypes and templates Destroyed. - Page 2
Join Today
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Remington Files For Bankruptcy! ACR prototypes and templates Destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by 10Industries View Post
    ... but they sold alot of rifles - the 70 per week is 37,000 over the run and that seems to have been the low end.
    Where did 37,000 come from? Serial number ranges don’t seem to indicate that to me.

Quote Originally Posted by toast_182 View Post
    So since nothing is different besides people price gouging on gunbroker and limited parts availability (again not any different than when Bushmaster owned it), we’re gonna be just fine because we’ve been just fine for 10 years now.
    What fantasy world are you living in?!? I used to sell bolts for $25 each, now they’re over $500 on GB. 10” barrels were as little as $275 and full retail was $550, but now they’re $1,000+! $200 stocks are double, at least! If all that’s “gonna be just fine”, then I have some parts to sell you.
    I'm slowly adding to YouTube
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Hkbeltfed View Post
    Where did 37,000 come from? Serial number ranges don’t seem to indicate that to me.

What fantasy world are you living in?!? I used to sell bolts for $25 each, now they’re over $500 on GB. 10” barrels were as little as $275 and full retail was $550, but now they’re $1,000+! $200 stocks are double, at least! If all that’s “gonna be just fine”, then I have some parts to sell you.

Like I said, people are price gouging on gun broker. It was in the text you quoted me on. We are in agreement. Outside of people price gouging parts, not much is different. I don’t live in a fantasy world, I’m just pointing out that it’s not that different from the complete lack of support we got from Bushmaster. I’m trying to point out the positive/irony of the situation instead of being all fatalist, the sky is falling. Cheer up guy, it’s gonna be alright. We got Dana on our side and he’s making parts, just gotta be patient (again being patient is not a new concept to ACR owners). We have to be positive because it’s all we got. The alternative is, it’s all over, everything is f*cked and we’ve all wasted our time/money investing in this platform...but who wants to think like that?

Forum Lurker
    Solid and thorough rundown. I notice a few different takes on this topic from multiple different people. Many different opinions and theories; but in the end we won’t know anything until something happens. Right now we are in the exact same boat we were in when Bushmaster owned it and having the exact same thing happen when Bushmaster owned it....NOTHING. So since nothing is different besides people price gouging on gunbroker and limited parts availability (again not any different than when Bushmaster owned it), we’re gonna be just fine because we’ve been just fine for 10 years now. Everything is speculation until something happens; we’ve been the most patient niche gun owners so far, nothing new about waiting to see who else breaks our hearts or puts us back on track. Just my .02 for what it’s worth.
    Ehhh, at least you could get an ACR then; now you have to rely on the used market where-as you mentioned-gouging happens, but really the supply is finite.

Though, I will say with all the irons Templar Precision has in the fire, those of us lucky enough to have an ACR are about to come into the salad days of parts options.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ACRForum.com
    Advertisements

Like I said, people are price gouging on gun broker. It was in the text you quoted me on. We are in agreement. Outside of people price gouging parts, not much is different. I don’t live in a fantasy world, I’m just pointing out that it’s not that different from the complete lack of support we got from Bushmaster. I’m trying to point out the positive/irony of the situation instead of being all fatalist, the sky is falling. Cheer up guy, it’s gonna be alright. We got Dana on our side and he’s making parts, just gotta be patient (again being patient is not a new concept to ACR owners). We have to be positive because it’s all we got. The alternative is, it’s all over, everything is f*cked and we’ve all wasted our time/money investing in this platform...but who wants to think like that?

Not much is different?!? Well, you can think whatever you want, the reality for now is the platform is dead, no development, no spare parts, the spares already in the market will dry up (already are), prices will rise (everything is at least 2x), and it will continue to get worse. Eventually, it will be like the FS2000. The ARX100 seems to be going the same direction.

And what’s with “complete lack of support from Bushmaster”?!? Hmmm, 3 stocks, 3 5.56 barrel lengths, 4 calibers, 4 handguards, pistols and rifles, a webstore, a parts dept for everything else, service, and on and on. Pretty supportive to me. Now, nothing.

Can Dana magically pull parts out of his ass on the same economic scale as a major arms manufacturer? I’ve sold Dana more ACR stuff than I’ve bought from him.

You need to wake up, nothing to cry over, but if you don’t have the spares you need now, you might be SOL when you need them. Beyond that, don’t heavily invest in a single platform, spread it around a little, and your collection will pay you back.
    Last edited by Hkbeltfed; 06-30-2020 at 05:32 PM.
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

It took Bushmaster like 8 years to come out with those caliber conversions and they were hard to come by because everyone was waiting for them. Then 2 years later they go belly up. Yes I would call that a complete lack of service when you compare it to almost any other company. If Bushmaster was so supportive through the years, why did so many forum members take it upon themselves to produce their own parts and have people buy every last one they made? This platform has been “homegrown” by the forum from the beginning, that’s what gives me hope that the forum will carry the platform for as long as it can. I am 100% aware that things are drying up and overpriced but it’s just a hump we gotta get over.

It took Bushmaster like 8 years to come out with those caliber conversions and they were hard to come by because everyone was waiting for them. Then 2 years later they go belly up. Yes I would call that a complete lack of service when you compare it to almost any other company. If Bushmaster was so supportive through the years, why did so many forum members take it upon themselves to produce their own parts and have people buy every last one they made? This platform has been “homegrown” by the forum from the beginning, that’s what gives me hope that the forum will carry the platform for as long as it can. I am 100% aware that things are drying up and overpriced but it’s just a hump we gotta get over.
    So, you’re bitching about the 8 years BEFORE the last 2 years? Ok.

The platform has nothing to do with this forum, you’re delusional. And I say that as one of the “homegrowns” that designed and made the non-QD trunnion.

Forum Lurker
    Yeah, the ACR has way more going for it than the FS2000/ARX-100/Sig 556 etc... in terms of aftermarket support.

So catching up on this thread, I won't let the Acr die, I have way too much time invested in the platform. The reason I've not been here is thanks to Covid and the USPS ramping up my hours massively thanks to the whole pandemic. Apparently giving everyone an extra 600 a week means they order everything from Amazon that is offered. We haven't had low parcel volume since last September and its destroying our routes right now. On the other side of the fence, my Acr orders have been going crazy from the fact its discontinued and now the corona panic. I've been working in the area of 100-120 hours a week between the two jobs trying to get parts out as well as not get fired from the post office. Again, if anyone needs upgrades from me, email is still the best form of communication.

Now to only Acr news. Rarbar is giving some seriously inside info so I would take that into consideration. Even I didn't know that they were only doing 70 rifles a day. I knew about the subcontractors but didn't know the extent that they were being used.

As far as the parts I'm releasing. Right now I'm focusing on lowers to fund other jobs. I have 49 lowers moving through various steps of machining, once they are through I'll be hitting the 7.62x39 lowers and some other side jobs. I'm actually taking a loss on the lowers when it comes to price per hour on the lowers but I'm willing to do that to keep the price down for the community. Wire EDM isn't cheap but I'm not cutting corners on these either. Lowers are my most time consuming job that I do so once they are cleared out from this run all the other jobs I'm working on will come out fairly soon after. I generally draw cad/cam files up while the machines are running so when I finish a run I'm already setting up for another job. Also keep in mind what I share online is generally about 50% at most to where I actually am at with parts development. Alot happens behind the scenes.

I do have the ability to do conversions and machine parts as well just not on a huge scale yet. That does not mean that I can't provide replacement parts for the entire platform if needed, it just means that it's an uphill battle.
    Last edited by bigdog2003_99; 07-01-2020 at 09:12 PM.
    Rest in Peace Franny
    Employee BBC Armament 07/02
    Email me for questions or Acr barrel conversions (remove spaces)
    templarprecision @ yahoo.com

You da man, BD! Is there a place on here where you have a list of all the ACR parts you have/can fabricate? Might be helpful to have a sticky (assuming we still have mods) inventory list thread so folks can find it easily when they need replacements/spares.

I still think you should partner with Magpul and introduce the Templar ACR to the world!

Peace Through Superior Firepower.

Quote Originally Posted by Hkbeltfed View Post
    So, you’re bitching about the 8 years BEFORE the last 2 years? Ok.

The platform has nothing to do with this forum, you’re delusional. And I say that as one of the “homegrowns” that designed and made the non-QD trunnion.
    So because I don’t agree with you, I’m delusional? Or is it possible we just have two different opinions and perspectives? This isn’t Fox News or CNN. It’s not the rest of the bullshit internet either, it’s a place to chat and share ideas about the ACR. We have a difference of opinion here bud, no need to get upset.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search for related topics.