Do you Guys Baby your ACR?
Join Today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Forum Lurker

Do you Guys Baby your ACR?

Now that parts are becoming harder and harder to find by the day, wanted to know how current ACR owners treat their rifles.

Do you guys rarely shoot your ACR's or treat it as you normally would? I'm particularly talking about the entire bolt assembly as this is the moving and functioning portion of the rifle that becomes coated in carbon and exposed to wear and tear.
    Last edited by gmikitarian; 06-22-2020 at 03:31 AM.

No. It would be like babying a truck. It’s a truck made to do truck things. It’ll be just fine for a long time as long as you do basic maintenance. I’ve had my ACR since 2011, no issues and I shoot it hard a lot.

Same. Mine get shot quite a bit. They're not safe queens.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ACRForum.com
    Advertisements

I wouldn't call it babying it, but it definitely gets "reserved" a little more than a few others. I love what the ACR can do and really like the 6.8 round, but it's costly and relatively rare, so I don't plink with it. That usually falls to whichever AR or AK I feel like exercising that day. It hurts my wallet a lot less to shoot 9mm, .223 or 7.62x39. If 6.8 SPC were ever to become widely available and significantly cheaper, it'd be a whole 'nother story.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Peace Through Superior Firepower.

Forum Lurker
    Nope not at all. I’ve got 3 ACR’s so if I have to I’ll sacrifice 1 to keep my SBR and pistol up and running hahahahaha.

Forum Lurker
    Its my go-to rifle at the moment, so no

Nope.... I run mine at 2 multigun matches and a rifle match every month

Hell I still have mud on the outside from Desert Brutality in 2018

I do - both pistols I bought this year have been parted out sans 1 lower left and the 2 rifles I have 1 unfired live elsewhere in a protected coma. I may buy 1 or 2 from friends this year that I can beat on, but I am focusing more on longer ranges and medium game this year with lots of terrain and weather.
    Last edited by 10Industries; 06-29-2020 at 01:02 PM.

Forum Lurker
    i don't baby it but im not rough on it. im not sure if the prices will go up any higher for if they will ever be "collector" pieces. but i just use mine as i use my ars

I gotta admit, I kinda baby it. I run it as much as I can, rapid fire drills, and expose it to high dirt and dust environments. However I constantly clean and inspect it. If I got time while out shooting I'll break out a brush and clean any dust or debris I can find. Then as soon as I get home I'll do a complete cleaning. It might not be necessary, but habits are hard to break.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search for related topics.