Anyone else notice the Bot invasion?
Join Today
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By toast_182
  • 1 Post By toast_182

Thread: Anyone else notice the Bot invasion?

Forum Lurker

Anyone else notice the Bot invasion?

Anyone else notice this forum is rife with bots lately? I’m absolutely serious. I have found multiple profiles after some quick digging and these profiles say exactly 3 things:

1.) On any vendor post, the bot will post “good price”
    2.) On any other thread, the bot will randomly post “+1” with a quote
    3.) the bot will sometimes start a thread and post just a link to some fear mongering anti-gun propaganda with zero context. It’s just a link, no additional words.

I’ve PM’d a few of these accounts and inquired about their robot posts and none have hit me back, leading me to believe they’re bots. I’m not trying to be an A-hole here but I’m just tired of the bots. We need to get rid of them. I don’t know if there’s any admin left on this site but please reach out to me if you’d like to know which accounts I think are bots so we can ban them. Let’s be vigilant and track the bots. If it doesn’t violate the forum rules, let’s name the bot profiles in this thread so admin can do their own digging and get rid of the bots.

Let me know if I’m over reacting.
    horseman04 likes this.

Forum Lurker
    That's pretty much any forum these days; I am not sure how active the admin are here to handle the security.

Forum Lurker
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderhorse View Post
    That's pretty much any forum these days; I am not sure how active the admin are here to handle the security.
    I’ll do it! Would gladly dishonorably discharge bot profiles that contribute NOTHING to the forum. Any admin that’s tired, let me know, I’ll take over. I’m on the forum almost daily

4. Remove Advertisements
    ACRForum.com
    Advertisements

Forum Lurker
    Can an admin please delete the bot accounts? I’ll tell ya who they are discreetly.

Everybody needs to hit up those two icons on the bottom left of the bot posts. Report them as bots and deduct from their reputations. Maybe then an admin will take notice.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Peace Through Superior Firepower.

Forum Lurker
    Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan19 View Post
    Everybody needs to hit up those two icons on the bottom left of the bot posts. Report them as bots and deduct from their reputations. Maybe then an admin will take notice.
    That’s a hot tip my man, never knew those existed. Definitely went through the most recent posts on the right hand side of the main page and clicked both buttons for every “good price” I saw.
    ThunderDan19 likes this.

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search for related topics.