Daniel Defense Lightweight 14.5” on ACR
Join Today
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By TURRICAN
  • 1 Post By TURRICAN

Thread: Daniel Defense Lightweight 14.5” on ACR

Forum Lurker

Daniel Defense Lightweight 14.5” on ACR

Wanted to post some pics of this DD CHF 14.5” lightweight barrel Dana at Templar Precision did for me.
    I like the way the barrel profile looks on the ACR. Everything came out perfect and he got it done quick so I was stoked to see it on my porch when I got home.0E196892-A9C0-4B71-BD73-EF679B335B88.jpeg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by TURRICAN; 12-30-2019 at 10:49 PM.
    horseman04 likes this.

Forum Lurker
    Saw this on the Facebook page; that looks awesome, I think the profile looks great for that length barrel. Can you elaborate more on how the ACR balances compared to the SCAR now, since one of the common things to hear in comparisons is that the SCAR balances better with its factory pencil barrel?

Seeing a lot of these P&W 14.5" builds I don't think I'll SBR mine, at least not this one. Anything under 11.5" doesn't really appeal to me and I think 12.5" is the shortest you can go with an extended handguard. That said I'm looking at a 14.5" sometime next year; how much did this run you if you don't mind me asking? I am also considering just ordering a factory 14.5" assembly from Bushmaster the next time they go on sale and sending it to ADCO or someone to pin and weld.

That's awesome! Also, are those the PMM rails on your 16S? I've been thinking I need those for mine.
    Last edited by horseman04; 12-31-2019 at 12:39 PM.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ACRForum.com
    Advertisements

Forum Lurker
    Yeah I have a couple SBRs but it kind of makes it pain the ass to move or sell if you decide to etc so 14.5 works for me.
    today I was going back and forth between the SCAR and ACR trying to figure out which one I like better with a friend.
    With this shorter lightweight barrel I think it feels just like the SCAR as far as balance. I still love the way the SCAR shoots but for the money I would go with an ACR with lightweight barrel. Would be a tougher call if they were both the same price

Forum Lurker
    Quote Originally Posted by horseman04 View Post
    That's awesome! Also, are those the PMM rails on your 16S? I've been thinking I need those for mine.
    Those are not the PMM rails. That is the Kinetic Development Group Mrex MKII.
    I just ordered the PMM Mlock rails to see which I like better but they are totally different the PMM rails just screw on the side of the receiver and the KDG is a one piece rail with Mlock on side and bottom
    horseman04 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TURRICAN View Post
    Those are not the PMM rails. That is the Kinetic Development Group Mrex MKII.
    I just ordered the PMM Mlock rails to see which I like better but they are totally different the PMM rails just screw on the side of the receiver and the KDG is a one piece rail with Mlock on side and bottom
    Very cool. I'll check out that Kinetic rail as well. Thanks.

That barrel really came out really awesome man! I don’t get too many Daniel Defense barrels that often but they are extremely nice to work on.
    Rest in Peace Franny
    Employee BBC Armament 07/02
    Email me for questions or Acr barrel conversions (remove spaces)
    templarprecision @ yahoo.com
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Forum Lurker
    What’s done about the gas port size? It’s too large on these barrels, isn’t it?

I modify the gas port when I do the conversion.
    Rest in Peace Franny
    Employee BBC Armament 07/02
    Email me for questions or Acr barrel conversions (remove spaces)
    templarprecision @ yahoo.com

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search for related topics.