Templar Precision Aluminum G1 556 lowers are now starting to ship
Join Today
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Templar Precision Aluminum G1 556 lowers are now starting to ship

Templar Precision Aluminum G1 556 lowers are now starting to ship

So a lot of you know I’ve been working on lowers for the last long while. Well while I was developing the x39 lower I also built the 556 lower as well. Since the 556 lower doesn’t require any special parts that need designed like a mag release/spring or mag adapters it was pretty straight forward.

I already had the official critical dimensions from Remington so the development wasn’t impossibly hard. Just time consuming.

Here’s the specs on the lowers.
    Billet 6061 aluminum
    Wire Edm cut Milspec Ar15 magwell (not an Acr magwell)
    Removable pistol grip as well as trigger guard.
    Skeletonized trigger box (included as of right now)
    Funneled magwell
    Official dimensions from Remington so it will fit official parts and accessories.
    Lightweight construction weighing in at .5 of an ounce less than a Remdef lower,

the components will he upgraded down the road to get some more weight out of it as well which will be an upgrade for both my lower and the factory lowers too.

The price is 450 shipped right now, they will be made on a preorder basis because of the amount of time it takes to build them. They are available in either cerakote black or coyote.
    Rest in Peace Franny
    Employee BBC Armament 07/02
    Email me for questions or Acr barrel conversions (remove spaces)
    templarprecision @ yahoo.com
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Forum Lurker
    That's hot.

Will you sell parts kits to complete these, and if so how much extra will that cost?

Thanks man!

I’ll offer different levels of packages once Remington gets more front takedown pins. They were 100% out of them so I’m backordered right now.

Usually the lower parts kits are 95 dollars for all factory parts plus the safety is 75 shipped. I’ll be cutting some discounts on everything that is purchased with a lower.

It will probably end up being a stripped version, partially assembled, and fully assembled version once I get rolling.
    Rest in Peace Franny

4. Remove Advertisements
    ACRForum.com
    Advertisements

Forum Lurker
    I emailed you. I’ve been saying Ive wanted one from the beginning so hopefully I am not to far down on the list.

I assume there's no reason why these would not work with the 6.8 ACRs, correct? One of these on my new 6.8 rifle would really be sweet.

It should work fine with all stanag magazines. I shot it today and it ran all the mags I had on hand. I didn’t try any caliber converted setups but with that being said it’s the same cad file as my printed lower and those have run everything I threw at them.
    horseman04 likes this.
    Rest in Peace Franny

damn, just bought 2 pistols - sorry daughter xmas this year will be about re-gifting :P

Holy cow BigDog you did what everyone has wished for. Those 10 years were worth the wait! And you still beat Rem/Bush to the punch! Congratulations are in order. Two quick questions:
    1. When you say it has an AR15 magwell, does that mean the mag lips are now supported? As in, the mag can’t rock front to back as easily?

2. Will that Templar logo be on the side of the ones you sell to us? I think that Brotherhood of Nod lookin’ scorpion in the triangle looks excellent!

Quote Originally Posted by NoDak14 View Post
    Holy cow BigDog you did what everyone has wished for. Those 10 years were worth the wait! And you still beat Rem/Bush to the punch! Congratulations are in order. Two quick questions:
    1. When you say it has an AR15 magwell, does that mean the mag lips are now supported? As in, the mag can’t rock front to back as easily?

2. Will that Templar logo be on the side of the ones you sell to us? I think that Brotherhood of Nod lookin’ scorpion in the triangle looks excellent!
    I didn’t do the supported mag lips, I might add it down the road if it becomes an issue. The magwell is milspec so it’s much tighter. The mags don’t rock as much when you slam them in. I did a quick test and didn’t get overinsertion issues at all.

I’m debating on doing 2 versions, one where the mags are tighter and one where the specs are slightly relaxed so they drop free. Not by a whole bunch but something like .0015 or so oversized to account for the cerakote.

As far as the engravings, I’ll be doing a few versions. Engraving is the last thing I do to them before I pull them out of the machine so I can change it to say a 180 degree auto marking instead of 135.

Good catch on the hand of nod logo! I will be doing the nod logo on all of them unless I’m asked not to in the preorders. It’s actually what I’m gonna use for my logo now. Especially since I love command and conquer and grew up on it.
    Rest in Peace Franny

Forum Lurker
    Wouldn't support for the feed lips have to be part of the upper? I still see that as a magazine problem if they are spitting rounds when you load the rifle on an open bolt FWIW.

I don't think that 2nd version is necessary; the cerakote will wear over time inside the magwell. Just MHO.

I'd like to get one of these lowers but if I do it will be after I get an RPM handguard for financial/marital reasons. Supposedly Ramy will be doing another run soon.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search for related topics.