Templar Precision Aluminum G1 556 lowers are now starting to ship - Page 4
Join Today
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Templar Precision Aluminum G1 556 lowers are now starting to ship

I haven’t released the trigger boxes yet. I’m still cutting them. The test box I cut today fit pretty well. I’ll be working on them more this weekend. I’m also taking a week off work to get a bunch of lowers built and shipped out too. That will happen in about 2 weeks.
    Rest in Peace Franny
    Employee BBC Armament 07/02
    Email me for questions or Acr barrel conversions (remove spaces)
    templarprecision @ yahoo.com
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I can’t wait!!!

I cleaned up the file today and will cut another box this weekend. It fit in the semi lower pretty well including the sliding tabs on the sides.

I’m cleaning up the internals on the 556 lower to lighten it up slightly. While it’s lower than the remdef weight I want a little more. The sides are pretty thick and in places it’s 3-4 times as thick as the upper receiver. Even if i take it down to 2x the upper it will be stronger than stock. The goal is about 8 ounces from 10.2.

The good is this doesn’t really change the machining time so it’s an incremental upgrade. I have 9 lowers here now that are ready to get the final small steps done to them and they will be ready for cerakote. The trigger boxes are actually pretty quick to machine so that won’t delay me much. I plan on shipping the first few by the first of the year. Sooner if I can get the file done quickly.
    Rest in Peace Franny

4. Remove Advertisements
    ACRForum.com
    Advertisements

Forum Lurker
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdog2003_99 View Post
    I cleaned up the file today and will cut another box this weekend. It fit in the semi lower pretty well including the sliding tabs on the sides.

I’m cleaning up the internals on the 556 lower to lighten it up slightly. While it’s lower than the remdef weight I want a little more. The sides are pretty thick and in places it’s 3-4 times as thick as the upper receiver. Even if i take it down to 2x the upper it will be stronger than stock. The goal is about 8 ounces from 10.2.

The good is this doesn’t really change the machining time so it’s an incremental upgrade. I have 9 lowers here now that are ready to get the final small steps done to them and they will be ready for cerakote. The trigger boxes are actually pretty quick to machine so that won’t delay me much. I plan on shipping the first few by the first of the year. Sooner if I can get the file done quickly.
    Sweet can’t wait to get mine!!

Just picked up some parts for a barrel. Holy hell thats expensive!!!! BigDog you making this stuff?
    Attached Images Attached Images

I’m sure you don’t want to hear this now, but for $60 more you could have bought the complete barrel assembly of your choice on Black Friday.

Regardless, it’s always cheaper to buy a complete barrel and sell off the parts you don’t want.
    I'm slowly adding to YouTube

Well....... S#1T

I’m finally catching up on life now. The complete barrel tear down is the way to go. You can usually get a complete barrel for 300 dollars or so and tear it down.

I sell the entire gas system with lock ring assembly for 400 dollars but I recommend the used barrel option.

Skipjack, I got your pm and will reply once I get to the shop tomorrow morning. I was there for 16 hours today dialing in the 556 lowers.

I have almost 30 of them pushing through the shop now. The programs are completely dialed in now. The first 9 or so will be finished up tomorrow and the trigger boxes are starting up immediately after the shot show lowers get done.

I took about 175 pounds of 6061 aluminum and turned it to right over 15 pounds of lowers.

The new program I was testing took another half ounce of material from the lower while retaining the strength needed for them to be rigid. They weigh in at right over 9 ounces now.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    horseman04 likes this.
    Rest in Peace Franny

Forum Lurker
    Sweet can’t wait to get mine!!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search for related topics.