MAC Put out a new video about the ACR
Join Today
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: MAC Put out a new video about the ACR

Forum Lurker

MAC Put out a new video about the ACR

And it wasn't exactly glowing. It appears the new production ones have some issues. Namely the barrels not securing in place and walking out while shooting as well as the receiver screws not remaining in place.

I've got an older ACR with a new production 10.5" barrel assembly and havent experienced any of these issues. Just wondering if anyone else had watched the video/had issues with a new ACR.

Video: https://youtu.be/n6GuatRtCRY

Mistakes and generally bad QC happen with all 1st release items - from Honda s2000 to Tesla Model 3 to Desert Tech with the MDR - seems like it was missing the extractor spring and the ratchet detent spring, also proper receiver screws with loctite. With everyone crying about everything all the time taking too long or not being available they probably rushed the first units out the door and this is what happens. Even the pistol in the video, he couldnt wait to find the right stock, now after paying to have the brace installed he has to remove it and cerakote, then put it back together? lol how is that cheaper or less time consuming? - everyone's amped up on caffine these days. I'd check the screws and if you see them backing out, drop a little blue loctite and screw them back in. When you buy a new motorcycle the fist inspection aka screw tightening is usually after just a couple hundred miles, even with a Honda.

Quote Originally Posted by 10Industries View Post
    Mistakes and generally bad QC happen with all 1st release items - from Honda s2000 to Tesla Model 3 to Desert Tech with the MDR - seems like it was missing the extractor spring and the ratchet detent spring, also proper receiver screws with loctite. With everyone crying about everything all the time taking too long or not being available they probably rushed the first units out the door and this is what happens. Even the pistol in the video, he couldnt wait to find the right stock, now after paying to have the brace installed he has to remove it and cerakote, then put it back together? lol how is that cheaper or less time consuming? - everyone's amped up on caffine these days. I'd check the screws and if you see them backing out, drop a little blue loctite and screw them back in. When you buy a new motorcycle the fist inspection aka screw tightening is usually after just a couple hundred miles, even with a Honda.
    Except bushy has been making ACRs for a while now. This isn’t a 1st production item. I don’t feel like anyone is rushing bush/rem. This rifle has been out for a looooong time. They’ve had the opportunity to take their sweet time, and they still screwed it up.

You maybe could make the argument that since they moved to a new factory, it’s like starting over production wise, but there’s still really no good excuse. Freedom group is slowly killing all the companies they’ve bought.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    horseman04 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ACRForum.com
    Advertisements

He’s absolutely right. There’s no excuse for the current ACR not being a fully refined, fully functional and dependable carbine system. I feel fortunate that I believe mine (bought somewhere between the early models and the current version) turned out to be that. But they should all be that by this point in production.
    horseman04 likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Peace Through Superior Firepower.

I haven't watched the vid yet. I will agree with RussTBullet's message of Bush having plenty of time to workout issues I've seen throughout the years. I bought a new ACR upper this year and they still don't do simple things like loctite the rail/"receiver" screws. To defend Bushmaster on that specific issue, companies like seekins precision don't either. A buddy bought a brand new Seekins AR this year and the adjustable gas block + the ambi safety all shook themselves loose after a couple of range sessions. Short story, if you get a firearm with any kind of screws, check them and loctite them yourself. I don't call that a big ding on Bushmaster. There are very very few companies that boast and deliver on "this rifle is completely good to go out of the box." Bushmaster is definitely not one of them nor do I think anyone thinks they are or should be.

Bigger issues still exist with the ACR:

The QD barrel assembly still needs a redesign. For bushmaster and their tooling, I'm sure that is a huge undertaking. That notch in the image above is my fix for the issue. The problem is fixable, but shouldn't have to be fixed by the end user. Most aren't going to have the tools to be able to make those notches bigger. I've found that is needed to prevent the barrel assembly from getting loose.

Plenty of gripes to throw at the ACR. End of the day, ACR gives the most Lego like ability for intermediate calibers. I continuously watch and play with new stuff. There is a reason why I picked the ACR platform for the prototype builds I did. Even today, I would still pick the ACR for those builds. Before buying anything you should be defining what you need and what requirements you have for that specific thing you're buying. ACR checks a lot of boxes that most platforms don't. Of course those boxes aren't valuable to probably most people and is why the ACR will never go big.

I absolutely love my BFI Windham ME marked guns. They are guilty of only one thing, being heavy in the front which is due to the use of the M4 profile barrel. In my OLD series where I picked the ACR over the SCAR, I did a comparison showing that without their barrels the SCAR and the ACR weighed roughly the same. The difference was clearly in the barrels. If the ACR had a pencil weight barrel like the SCAR, it would balance better and be less heavy feeling.

For me I can get over the weight of my originals. I love them and all I wish I had now is a 6.5 Grendel conversion kit for my black rifle. I picked up a 6.8 kit from Bushmaster and it came to me used and missing small parts (the dealers fault, I'm sure -- from GunBroker). I was put off by the fact I had to install the butterfly charging handle, which I absolutely hate, or run the risk of damaging my rifle (according to the pamphlet inside the box). I'm not sure all the charging handle parts are present as the kit appears to have been used once before and returned. The small parts for the charging handle weren't in a bag and were strewn around the box (little roll pins and springs).

Anyway, I forgot I had a membership here! Thanks to a post on the video I found my way back.
    Please visit the
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    on YouTube.

As a subscriber, thanks for all the vids, not just the ACR ones.
    If you want a pencil barrel for your old ACR, why not have a new barrel assembly made using your favorite AR15 pencil barrel? Same question on the 6.5 Grendel? Argonauts already showed 6.5 works. Using AR15 barrels is what I consider one of the biggest pros of the platform. That niche is what the ACR is great for. Multiple people here can do that work.

I'd also like to see what charging handle issues you're having. Butterfly as in ambi charging handle?
    Taking a guess the pamphlet that was given out was about swapping out the old charging handle assembly for the new one. That's also an area that needs some work. The old assembly does either need to be modified or replaced. If you want the old style charging handles, namely the ability to use the various aftermarket ones, your old assembly should be worked on. Getting that old assembly solid was a struggle of mine and another gripe I have on the platform:
    Last edited by jamesavery22; 11-01-2019 at 09:03 AM.

Hey Tim, if you want I’ll check out your pistol and get it all fixed up for you. I’m semi local and can see what’s up with it. I emailed you but never heard back so I imagine it got buried under your notifications.

Or if you’d like I can do a few small upgrades to it and you can run a fairly built up Acr.
    Last edited by bigdog2003_99; 11-01-2019 at 11:16 AM.
    Rest in Peace Franny
    Employee BBC Armament 07/02
    Email me for questions or Acr barrel conversions (remove spaces)
    templarprecision @ yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by MilitaryArms View Post
    I'm not sure all the charging handle parts are present as the kit appears to have been used once before and returned. The small parts for the charging handle weren't in a bag and were strewn around the box (little roll pins and springs).
    The first one I bought from them was the same way, so I returned it for an exchange. The replacement and a 2nd one I bought were both new, and both missing instructions.
    I'm slowly adding to YouTube

Quote Originally Posted by bigdog2003_99 View Post
    Hey Tim, if you want I’ll check out your pistol and get it all fixed up for you. I’m semi local and can see what’s up with it. I emailed you but never heard back so I imagine it got buried under your notifications.

Or if you’d like I can do a few small upgrades to it and you can run a fairly built up Acr.
    I would like to see Tim do a vid of a squared away ACR.

Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search for related topics.