MAC Put out a new video about the ACR - Page 5
Join Today
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: MAC Put out a new video about the ACR

Forum Lurker
    LMFAO at that video! "Never trust a company that sounds like it should be selling Rhododendrons!"

Forum Lurker
    Other than the typical Buyers Remorse. I can say that I have not had any issues or failures from my ACR. Mine was made in Lawrenceville GA

Quote Originally Posted by 10Industries View Post
    What's the acts true potential that Bushmaster didn't deliver? Templar precision can probably build anything you need realistically but more to the point can you name a another platform that has so many options from the manufacturer in this class? You can get pistols, rifles, dmrs, with 3 completely different furnitures and 3 different calibers, right now.
    You do realize we are 10+ years in now? The caliber kits and pistols have been out maybe a year. Not sure about the DMR. And Iím talking about Bushmaster OEM, not aftermarket. Nobody, besides us ACR owners on here, even knows about that stuff. And the AR (particularly the high end AR market) is easily the leading platform on the market, with a billion options, and from where the ACR should have taken a larger bite, but didnít. Had it been handled properly, it might have taken more of the market than the SCAR did, but it wasnít, and it didnít.

Yes, the ACR is finally moving in the right direction, after a 5+ year funk. My concern is that the original price issues plus the lack of progress (for years) have already driven many away from the ACR, never to rediscover what is an awesome (and finally truly adaptive) platform, recently at a more reasonable price point. But few are even noticing now, because so many wrote it off years ago, due to the initial price discrepancy. With years of next to no buzz, and only that sour first impression left for many, the best we can hope for now is a revival of interest, or a new market. Thatís unmet potential, and disappoints me because I really like mine and think others would as well, given the option.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Peace Through Superior Firepower.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ACRForum.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderDan19 View Post
    You do realize we are 10+ years in now? The caliber kits and pistols have been out maybe a year. Not sure about the DMR. And I’m talking about Bushmaster OEM, not aftermarket. Nobody, besides us ACR owners on here, even knows about that stuff. And the AR (particularly the high end AR market) is easily the leading platform on the market, with a billion options, and from where the ACR should have taken a larger bite, but didn’t. Had it been handled properly, it might have taken more of the market than the SCAR did, but it wasn’t, and it didn’t.

Yes, the ACR is finally moving in the right direction, after a 5+ year funk. My concern is that the original price issues plus the lack of progress (for years) have already driven many away from the ACR, never to rediscover what is an awesome (and finally truly adaptive) platform, recently at a more reasonable price point. But few are even noticing now, because so many wrote it off years ago, due to the initial price discrepancy. With years of next to no buzz, and only that sour first impression left for many, the best we can hope for now is a revival of interest, or a new market. That’s unmet potential, and disappoints me because I really like mine and think others would as well, given the option.
    10+ years since what? The first batch of acr's came late 2011 - that's 8 years, coming right off the near gun apocalypse, about the same amount of time FN has been talking about making the 16 and 17 non reciprocating charging handles, a feature the ACR came with, about the same amount of time Robinson Arms has been trying to make a version of the XCR that's not garbage for the same price. - both of those rifles use "inferior" parts from the ACR to make them "better" hmmm.

Every claim you made was debunked by the simple fact none of them came from the manufacturer, not a single one. Bushmaster would like to do alot of things but with so many crybabies complaining about forum posts for another company its a tough sell to corporate who has to front the cost. FYI I've owned 7 now, there hasn't been anything I wanted to do that I couldn't - I could shorten it, caliber swap it, suppress it, hunt with it, home defense with it, attack an oil rig in a tsunami all the basic stuff - there are 2K AK's all over the place that can do none of that, not to mention 3k ak's that can't either. What unmet potential? If there had been enough demand Bushmaster would have released ak lowers for it the moment Magpul released there commercial AK mags I'm sure, these are corporations that make new things and heavily invest in marketing to grow adoption and bring new versions to market

Instead of being another NPC haterbot that no one cares about, shoot your rifle you love and post positive things about it. There is like 1 or 2 ACR pistol videos on youtube right now, one of them is crybaby mac n cheese, there is more and more positive acr rifle videos that actually contribute. Even Mac could have posted an update on his instead of telling everyone the new pistol is total unsalvagable garbage, bruh.

I know 3 people that I talked into buying pistols in the last month and so far, they've been pretty stoked with them so whatevs. I might have talked a high end ar15 company into doing something with them, well see.
    Last edited by 10Industries; 11-23-2019 at 08:16 PM.

Wow, bud. Maybe scale back a little on the caffeine (or whatever) intake. You are dead wrong about the release date. I got mine in March 2011, and I was late getting one, due to the aforementioned initial consumer cost. I stand by my 10+ statement and everything else Iíve said, whether that apparently hurts your fanboy sensibilities or not. I also now have little faith in the accuracy of all your claims... and I honestly canít figure out what you are trying to say in your second paragraph regarding the AK (I never mentioned the AK, which I donít believe shares an exploitable market at all with the ACR). You might need to start checking your facts, Jack, (and perhaps your communication skills) particularly before tossing shade, at me or anybody else.

And, as I said before (reading is fundamental): The unmet potential is 1. the potential customer segment that was turned off at the beginning by the perceived price jump and 2. the buying customers that had to wait darn near a decade for the ACR to actually become ďadaptive.Ē It has nothing to do with you, and all the things youíve done with your 7 or so ACRs and all that ammo. You obviously love the ACR more than anyone else in the world , so please, ďcalm the eff down...Ē and donít take criticism of BM personally.

Regardless of your apparent butthurt, no NPC haterbot here. Iím fully capable of generating my own opinions, though yours seem rather one-sided... Go back and actually read what I posted. No hate for BM or the platform, just disappointment at the way BM and/or FG managed the ACR for the first three quarters of its 10+ years of existence (even longer if you consider the early development period). Iím a fan of the platform, but also a fan of everybodyís right to have and express an honest opinion, good or bad, on here or on YouTube or anywhere else. If you canít accept that, super fan or not, Iím not sure youíre in the right place. People tend to express their opinions on the internet.

Pretty sure MAC also fully intends to continue honestly documenting his experiences with his weapons, for all to see, despite your vehement protests...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

You stand by 10+ based on what? There was 2 dozen available in q2 2010 and whats generally considered retail availability nationwide didn't happen until q3 2011. My math isn't the best but that's not 10 years. Even if it was 1000 in order for your complaints to have basis they should be comparative, so...what new platform in the last 10 years is at this price and level of adaptability? hint, it's just the ACR. It's taken 10 years just to get reliable x39 magazines for the ar15 - the acr introduced 2 other calibers that work in that time - there were others that weren't deemed commercially viable and still more planned.

Yeah..... you're entitled to repeat the same thing a million other people have said I guess, cool..... I'll be over here saying no, we'll meet in the middle of your not a manufacturer and aren't bothering to quote one in your factoids.

I'll start checking my jack facts when you can explain what you're doing on a fan forum amongst the fan boys, are you lost? Why don't you shift you're little hot wheels into way nuts and skeedaddle since you're not adding anything here and nothing you've said is new.
    Last edited by 10Industries; 11-25-2019 at 02:44 AM.

Sorry pal, I've been around here since I got my (1) ACR. That was 2 years into the ACR's existence, and a good 3 years longer than you have been here, and have no plans to "skeedaddle," nor to strike myself in the head with a hammer, just because you are too much a fanboy to admit BM's failure to exploit a potentially game changing platform. Back then we had a few more honest discussions between rational gun guys on here and at least one fewer "megafan." (Congrats on that, btw. You are a true internet hero in its purest form). Unfortunately, we've lost quite a number of good guys who didn't care to wait for BM to finally get around to supporting the platform. And that's half the problem there. Seems like BM is finally coming along though, so maybe we'll inherit a few more good gun guys, and finally get to see the ACR become what it always had the potential of being.

As for you, I'm done arguing with you, for the same reason I don't play chess with pigeons...

Good day to you, sir. I said, good day...

I'm not your pal, buddy, friend, guy - even if I was I wouldn't care how long you've been talking or about the inflated value of your opinion or worth - you're not contributing anything here except rehashing the same old unsubstantiated garbage that you heard about from someone else.

Continue on with your personal attacks, I know its been hard since your team lost in 2016 and I'm here for you to recount unrelated stories about the good ole days that never existed - ironically highlighting again your massive levels of apathy or the need to be repeatedly heard about the same gripes you made up. The pistol has only been out for a little while, you really worked yourself up quick on this one, yea for you.

Do you have any more of those boomer jokes about pigeons I can post on reddit though, they are hilariousness.....and the faux British, classic - At this rate all I need to do is copy and paste a few more of your responses and I'll have a whole book of failed late night tv jokes to retire on.

I went back and looked at your first post, it was to complain about your friends ACR.....AHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHA I could not have made that up if I tried.
    Last edited by 10Industries; 11-25-2019 at 09:05 PM.

Lol, wrong again, and again, and again. My team won in '16. I could care less about whatever pistol you are referencing and never mentioned one. The jokes had nothing to do with pigeons or anybody British or boomers. That was not my first post (stalker much?). That was not my friend's ACR. That was sharing potentially useful information for left handed shooters (and possibly more constructive than your last 10 posts combined). Could you be any more wrong? At this point, I'm enjoying just pointing it out. What else you got?

Chevy > Ford. Fight me!

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Search tags for this page

There are currently no search engine referrals.
Click on a term to search for related topics.