Where are the Tan ACRs?
Join Today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Where are the Tan ACRs?

Forum Lurker

Where are the Tan ACRs?

I've been waiting for ACR in coyote tan, and my patient is running out. I emailed Bushmaster about it but got no reply. Anyone know the ETA or are the coyote tan ACRs got discontinued?

Forum Lurker
    Thanks but I want a new model with 1 in 7 twist rate. I found a new one on gunbroker but it is a couple hundreds more than a new black ACR.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ACRForum.com
    Advertisements

Scarcity produces demand and thereby additional cost. I'd imagine with a little patience, they'll even out.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
    Peace Through Superior Firepower.

Forum Lurker
    Bought one new off grabagun back in Jan.
    Tan/brown, basic model, had new profile 1in7 barrel, but not the ambi charging handle
    1660 and change
    They are out there

Forum Lurker
    I'm piecing together a tan one from Dana. They probably don't make as much... Maybe because black sells better?

Uxi
    Does Magpul still make the original coyote brown? They stopped all the other colors when they moved from Colorado IIRC. Maybe they'll do Medium Coyote Tan?
    ---
    "If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animating contest of freedom — depart from us in peace. We seek not your counsels nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand which feeds you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!" -- Samuel Adams

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Coyote Brown Basic Folder (pinned, thanks to the absurd laws in California)

Quote Originally Posted by Uxi View Post
    Does Magpul still make the original coyote brown? They stopped all the other colors when they moved from Colorado IIRC. Maybe they'll do Medium Coyote Tan?
    Magpul NEVER sold any of their products in coyote brown; coyote brown is NOT FDE or medium coyote tan. And their discontinuing the traditional colors was only for Pmags, and had nothing to do with their move from Colorado. The only things Magpul made in coyote brown were OEM ACR parts for Bushmaster; the stocks, basic handguard, lower receiver, gen 1 and 2 MBUS sights, and gen M2 Bushmaster branded Pmags. All of these products were never sold commercially by Magpul, they were only supplied to Bushmaster.

That being said, the MCT Pmags are so close to coyote brown that they're good enough.
    Last edited by Locutus494; 04-30-2019 at 09:28 PM.

I’m thinking they only do more black versus coyote because it’s easier to annodize a bunch of receivers versus cerakoting them. They also have to get the specific coyote parts made up from Magpul still whereas the black plastic is the same across the board.
    Rest in Peace Franny
    Employee BBC Armament 07/02
    Email me for questions or Acr barrel conversions (remove spaces)
    templarprecision @ yahoo.com

Uxi
    Quote Originally Posted by Locutus494 View Post
    Magpul NEVER sold any of their products in coyote brown; coyote brown is NOT FDE or medium coyote tan. And their discontinuing the traditional colors was only for Pmags, and had nothing to do with their move from Colorado. The only things Magpul made in coyote brown were OEM ACR parts for Bushmaster; the stocks, basic handguard, lower receiver, gen 1 and 2 MBUS sights, and gen M2 Bushmaster branded Pmags. All of these products were never sold commercially by Magpul, they were only supplied to Bushmaster.

Yes, I know they never sold direct (wished they would have done MVGs, etc) and made it OEM for BM. The mags have been sold out for awhile and wouldn't surprise me if BM finally ran out of parts for Coyote Brown.

That being said, the MCT Pmags are so close to coyote brown that they're good enough.
    I got a half dozen MCT windowed Pmags. It's not close enough for me (though better than FDE), at least for the ACR, so will be sticking with my black and coyote brown PMAGS on my ACR.
    ---
    "If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animating contest of freedom — depart from us in peace. We seek not your counsels nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand which feeds you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!" -- Samuel Adams

Coyote Brown Basic Folder (pinned, thanks to the absurd laws in California)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast