New Bushmaster Handguards
Join Today
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: New Bushmaster Handguards

Forum Lurker

New Bushmaster Handguards

Im not sure if this is big information, but bushmaster released 2 new handguards, an MLOK and Keymod version. I had just happened to randomly look through their website when I noticed this. I had seen no information regarding these or any videos from shot show or anything. I ordered the MLOK variant and received it withing a week and a half. Enjoy the pictures!
    acr HG 1.jpg
    acr HG 2.jpg
    ACR1.jpg
    ACR2.jpg
    horseman04 and Uxi like this.

Yup. We know. Always love ACR pics, though. Looks nice! I have the squaredrop version on my 6.8 ACR and my mlok one is winging its way to me as we speak... errr type.

Forum Lurker
    Quote Originally Posted by horseman04 View Post
    Yup. We know. Always love ACR pics, though. Looks nice! I have the squaredrop version on my 6.8 ACR and my mlok one is winging its way to me as we speak... errr type.
    I just didnt see any info on it or even talk of it. I like it though! I wonder about the quality of it as there is a little side to side play i can make if i twist my hand on it.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ACRForum.com
    Advertisements

Really? That much movement? The square drop one that came with my 6.8 has a very slight shift once in a while. Typically if I pick the gun up by the hand guard I can feel a very small movement. We're talking *very* small. Like it is taking up the slack in the pin that holds it in place. Certainly not enough to be able to make it twist.

You might want to talk to BigDog here on the forum. He mentioned something about tightening them up and he might be able to help you out.

EDIT: Here's a thread where BigDog is taking orders for the handguards. I guess we've mostly been gushing over them in the trading area, not the main part of the forum. https://www.acrforum.com/forum/tradi...uards-out.html
    Last edited by horseman04; 03-13-2019 at 05:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leesungjun View Post
    I just didnt see any info on it or even talk of it. I like it though! I wonder about the quality of it as there is a little side to side play i can make if i twist my hand on it.
    So then you must not have paid attention to anything in the last year and a half to two years. This is quite old news. The only new thing about this is that they're actually posted on Bushmaster's website.

Anyway, welcome to the forum.
    Last edited by Locutus494; 03-13-2019 at 09:12 PM.

Forum Lurker
    Thanks. I have been looking through the forums every once in a while but I had just recently purchased my acr. So I havent really been paying attention to the handguards, or lack thereof.

Uxi
    Is the new MLOK going to be in coyote?
    ---
    "If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animating contest of freedom — depart from us in peace. We seek not your counsels nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand which feeds you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen!" -- Samuel Adams

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Coyote Brown Basic Folder (pinned, thanks to the absurd laws in California)

Not from Bm at this time but I’ve been spraying them to help give the coyote Acr owners some love.
    Uxi likes this.
    Rest in Peace Franny
    Employee BBC Armament 07/02
    Email me for questions or Acr barrel conversions (remove spaces)
    templarprecision @ yahoo.com
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Forum Lurker
    bigdog, what did you do to the handguard to tighten up the fit?

Quote Originally Posted by Danbot View Post
    bigdog, what did you do to the handguard to tighten up the fit?
    For the old squaredrop handguards I milled the front hooks in a little bit so it gripped the receiver itself

All of the other handguards have a nylon washer that makes them sit fairly tight. Not insanely tight but still tight enough not to wobble.
    Rest in Peace Franny
    Employee BBC Armament 07/02
    Email me for questions or Acr barrel conversions (remove spaces)
    templarprecision @ yahoo.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast