New Bushmaster Handguards - Page 2
Join Today
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: New Bushmaster Handguards

Definitely interested in replacement nylon washers if anybody finds a source. The thinnest washers of the right ID that I could find were 0.031" think. Seems like that'd be too thick to fit between the hand guard and the receiver.
    Last edited by horseman04; 03-26-2019 at 09:48 PM.

Forum Lurker
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdog2003_99 View Post
    For the old squaredrop handguards I milled the front hooks in a little bit so it gripped the receiver itself

All of the other handguards have a nylon washer that makes them sit fairly tight. Not insanely tight but still tight enough not to wobble.
    So if I go with the squaredrop handguard (which i'm leaning towards) there would be some milling required to take the wobble out?

Quote Originally Posted by Danbot View Post
    For the old squaredrop handguards I milled the front hooks in a little bit so it gripped the receiver itself

All of the other handguards have a nylon washer that makes them sit fairly tight. Not insanely tight but still tight enough not to wobble.
    So if I go with the squaredrop handguard (which i'm leaning towards) there would be some milling required to take the wobble out?

No. I have a few of them here and they all have the nylon washers. My personal one doesn’t but I fixed it to work.

I can ship a squaredrop rail immediately if you are interested. They are a bit cheaper than the bushmaster msrp.
    Rest in Peace Franny
    Employee BBC Armament 07/02
    Email me for questions or Acr barrel conversions (remove spaces)
    templarprecision @ yahoo.com
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ACRForum.com
    Advertisements

Hey guys, I found some nylon washers that work. In truth, they're probably not exactly the perfect size, as the ID is tight enough that I needed to thread them onto the screws of the hard guard. Also, the thickness is still a bit too much, IMO. Slightly thinner would be nice. However, they did do the trick of making my new coyote brown mlok hand guard rock solid on my rifle. I mean there's absolutely ZERO movement. It was so tight I had to muscle the pin into place. I ordered these from a company called MSC Direct, link: https://www.mscdirect.com/

Here's what I used:

Last edited by horseman04; 03-30-2019 at 11:14 AM.

I'd like to add that I received my Bushmaster M-Lok handguard yesterday and I love it. The rail has a much narrower profile compared to the girthy (but beautiful) Basic handguard. At least, it seems that way. I couldn't tell a weight difference in the hand, but I weighed them to make sure. The Basic handguard weighs 8.8oz and the Bushmaster M-Lok handguard came in at 7.7oz. Pretty impressive! The fit and finish was perfect.

I got the Bushmaster M-Lok handguard from bigdog2003_99. bigdog shipped the package out quickly, and actually sold the handguard for the cheapest I've seen. I highly recommend getting the handguard from bigdog.

(I wish I knew how to resize photos on here, sorry guys)

IMG_2308.JPEG
    IMG_2307.JPEG
    IMG_2306.JPEG
    Do it or don't!

Forum Lurker

No. I have a few of them here and they all have the nylon washers. My personal one doesn’t but I fixed it to work.

I can ship a squaredrop rail immediately if you are interested. They are a bit cheaper than the bushmaster msrp.
    Ahhh I can't swing it right now, and I would need one in coyote. But I'll definitely go through you when the time comes!

Quote Originally Posted by Danbot View Post
    Ahhh I can't swing it right now, and I would need one in coyote. But I'll definitely go through you when the time comes!
    If you warn me a little before you are ready and I'll put it into the batch of Coyote parts I'm spraying. I just hit 3 mlok handguards last night along with a receiver.
    Rest in Peace Franny

Hey Dana, you have any black mlok handguards in stock currently?

Quote Originally Posted by horseman04 View Post
    Hey Dana, you have any black mlok handguards in stock currently?
    Yes sir. I have 3-4 immediately available and 6 more at the shop ready to get picked up.
    Rest in Peace Franny

Cool. I get paid tomorrow and will place an order with you then. Thanks!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast