Ak lower preorder thread - Page 5
Join Today
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Ak lower preorder thread

Forum Lurker
    Any more updates on how it is going with the lowers? not rushing you , just excited!

I’m going to be working on the cad/cam file hopefully this weekend.

I’m cleaning up a huge amount of orders this weekend from the both the trunnions and handguard releases.

I have all the tools set for the machine now. I learned a bunch on the feeds/speeds and what they did or did not like when I did the trunnions.

I’m planning on sending one through the gauntlet to see where it fails and make adjustments accordingly. My goal is to have one or more functional lowers by the nra show. Even if it’s just a first gen lower that needs improvements done

For everyone who ordered a barrel with the lower, I’m doing those now. I will ship them before the lowers are done so I don’t have a bunch of parts sitting around.

Faxon is out of stock on 16” barrels so I’m waiting on them for one barrel order.

I will be doing a 300blk gas block this weekend and once it’s done the first lower will be hopefully next on the list.
    Rest in Peace Franny
    Employee BBC Armament 07/02
    Email me for questions or Acr barrel conversions (remove spaces)
    templarprecision @ yahoo.com
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Forum Lurker
    I get excited every time I see an update on this!

4. Remove Advertisements
    ACRForum.com
    Advertisements

Hey guys. I wanted to give you good news as a surprise but unfortunately it didn’t go to plan.

I was testing the 9x39 for the Acr in order to see if I could find a mag that worked or if I needed VSS mags but the rifle wouldn’t cycle properly (read will not cycle at all)

I will be working on this project on the side and if I can get it running I’ll do some sort of generational update.

I will most likely be buying a second cnc machine to aid in conversions as well as prepping the lowers for production. I got slammed hard this tax season so it slowed me down on most of my work and development.

My goal is to have a aluminum lower by the nra show to let people check out. I don’t know if it’s possible to accomplish but I will be trying hard. I am finishing up all the barrels for the preorders and will start shipping them out within the next week so they will actually be able to shoot them before the lowers drop if they would like. I will be taking 1-2 weeks off of my main job in April in order to help with the time crunch.
    Rest in Peace Franny

Forum Lurker
    News of a setback is still news, and I like news on this! Hopefully you meet your goal of the NRA show, cuz I’d love to see it when I get there. Good luck man!

I just got the quote to outsource them today (2 hours ago). I’m running that against just doing it myself. If I do it myself I will have a part time employee helping knock out the little stuff on a second machine while I hit the lowers on the primary setup.

To outsource them would be good because I can get a bunch but I would only be able to do one type. 5.56 or 7.62. I would also have zero control over the design once it’s sent so if something stupid is slightly out of spec it’s a deal with it moment which blows hardcore.
    Rest in Peace Franny

Forum Lurker
    sounds like you got a plan and progress on this project,always good to hear that, very excited for when you get them done!

Forum Lurker
    any updates since we last heard?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345