Ak lower preorder thread - Page 11
Join Today
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Ak lower preorder thread

Forum Lurker
    These are so awesome.. Cant wait..

So now that I'm not dying from bronchitis, I can give a slight update. I've pretty much been dead to the world for 2 weeks so all that time was lost. With that being said I'm still integrating the new tools, programs and designs into the lowers. The main machining part is pretty much done. I'll be making an announcement Sunday as far as a product release (not the x39 lower) It's directly related to the lower development that I've been pretty much stopped all my other work for.
    Rest in Peace Franny
    Employee BBC Armament 07/02
    Email me for questions or Acr barrel conversions (remove spaces)
    templarprecision @ yahoo.com
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Forum Lurker
    I know the 5.56 lowers are rolling out ( they look great! ), was curious if there was any further progress on the AKM lowers at this point? Only asking cause i'm beyond excited for these !

4. Remove Advertisements
    ACRForum.com
    Advertisements

I do actually have a little update (not huge). I will update the 556 thread as well.

I have the new trigger boxes for both the 556 lowers as well as the x39 lowers starting to get cut now. I cut one last weekend and it works in both of my test lowers. I designed it to work with the plastic lowers as well. The only issue is that the plastic lowers have a huge hole for the safety so it fits a little loose. The aluminum lowers have a tight safety hole so it tightens up very nicely.

My main job is completely destroying me with work right now. I had over 72 hours last week and this week isn't looking much better. I think I did about 5-10 hours of Acr work last week. Normally it's 30 or so hours a week.

Now the good news is, I took the money from the 556 lowers and bought new vises. If I can get them set up right I will go from 1 to 2 lowers per machine. That means that I should be able to machine both the 556 and x39 lowers at one time. I intend on having the x39 lowers mostly done if not completely done by shot show.
    Rest in Peace Franny

Forum Lurker
    Awesome news! Thank you for the update

How do I get this lower?
    I'm a soldier I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight.
    -George S. Patton

Private message Bigdog. He'll square you away.

I'm back finally. I've been super busy with SHOT, building the 556 lowers and now possibly expanding to a larger shop.

With all of that being said, the x39 lowers are still a top priority and will be getting more work done starting early to mid next week. I will have to cut a new lower from scratch but it will be getting all the upgrades that were given to the 556 lowers. I just finished up the internals on the 556 lower to accept the new trigger boxes like the factory lowers do. The new boxes slide in both my lower as well as the factory plastic lowers. Now that the boxes are done and are fully functional I can have a dedicated piece that will work across the board for all my lowers.

The bad news is that the Acr won't be getting alot of factory support for the next little while, I plan on doing everything I can to keep them all running. I will be running the AK lowers before I start some of the spare parts orders up (bolts and such). I will be contracting them out since I don't have the time or machines to do them as good as I want them to be.
    viking likes this.
    Rest in Peace Franny

These are gonna make CA legal ACR's way easier, now I just gotta figure out how to make it look this ok

vlic09w0bbw21.jpg

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011