Reliability/Durability of the ACR? (Experience, Upgrades, WE MSK Handguard, etc) - Page 2
Join Today
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Reliability/Durability of the ACR? (Experience, Upgrades, WE MSK Handguard, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by bigdog2003_99 View Post
    I have around 20000 or so rounds through my main Acr and haven’t had many issues. The only issue I had was the charging handle assembly breaking around 10k rounds. Bushmaster has a new generation assembly that won’t break after 10k rounds.

The stock is not going to wear down the button. I’m still using my factory enhanced stock from 8 years ago and I snap it open without any cares and it doesn’t wear. The only wear spot on the stock is the hinge itself where the plastic rubs the plastic to lock it up. That took about 3-5 years before that happened, with rough use the whole time.
    Not to resurrect the dead but beyond the charging handle assembly, what would you would be major high critical wear parts you would advise one having on hand?

Assume the part number is correct here?
    F1000901 : CHARGING HANDLE ASSEMBLY

I should note I have had zero issues to date and last count over 12k rounds. I recently picked up a 10.5 barrel and plan to SBR once I put together a good replacement parts list to keep on hand.
    Last edited by Blackwind; 04-20-2019 at 10:57 PM.
    " We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. " -George Orwell

Celer, Silens, Mortalitas
    "Swift, Silent, Deadly"

I only keep spare piston springs, small bolt parts and a firing pin in my range kits. I don’t even care about the charging handle assemblies much honestly, the old ones die but it takes a lot of work.

With that being said, there is no real f part number for the charging handle assembly. I’ve tried to order them a few times and never received any parts at all. Anymore you have to order the new spare ambi assemblies. I have a few in stock now.
    Rest in Peace Franny
    Employee BBC Armament 07/02
    Email me for questions or Acr barrel conversions (remove spaces)
    templarprecision @ yahoo.com
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Do they have the new ambi charging assemblies with coyote handles out yet? I'm guessing not since they don't even have coyote hand guards yet.

4. Remove Advertisements
    ACRForum.com
    Advertisements

Forum Lurker
    Quote Originally Posted by horseman04 View Post
    Do they have the new ambi charging assemblies with coyote handles out yet? I'm guessing not since they don't even have coyote hand guards yet.
    Not sure but I have an assembly coming in from Dana Friday and I did say I wanted a Coyote one so we'll see!
    horseman04 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by patriot_man View Post
    Not sure but I have an assembly coming in from Dana Friday and I did say I wanted a Coyote one so we'll see!
    Cool, please keep us posted on how that goes.

Forum Lurker
    Quote Originally Posted by horseman04 View Post
    Cool, please keep us posted on how that goes.
    I received black handles. Also the selector lever and selector plate were black on my lower. I've seen Magpul phase out small colored parts for their own products (MIAD grip core, etc) - perhaps this is happening with the ACR stuff as well?

Ah, bummer. Was hoping to do the charging assembly upgrade without having to paint anything. Thanks for the follow up info.

All the new rifles come with black small parts. They had coyote acrs at shot with the tan knobs so that might happen. I can try to order some coyote knobs to see if I can get any in but as of right now they are all black.
    Rest in Peace Franny

Thanks man. I can wait on this to see if Bushmaster gets the parts.

Ill be placing a large order tomorrow. I’ll toss some of those in the mix to see if they ship or not.
    horseman04 likes this.
    Rest in Peace Franny

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast