ACR in 224 Valkyrie
Join Today
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: ACR in 224 Valkyrie

Forum Lurker

ACR in 224 Valkyrie

Do want!
    Hoping we can get someone committed to making a 224V conversation for the ACR.
    Thoughts?

I emailed Justin/“Massoud” at KRG hoping they may be working on something. No joy.
    With their Fox rifle, new stock and forend it’s obvious that they are committed to the platform. I think we need to apply some gentle pressure!

Would love a reason to get their new stock and forend. 224V would be he perfect reason.
    horseman04 likes this.

I could do one. I’ve done several 6.8’s (as well as a bunch of other conversions). I doubt it would be that hard.

If you want one let me know. I’m actually going to be running a full krg setup soon so I’ll be testing more long range builds.
    Rest in Peace Franny
    Employee BBC Armament 07/02
    Email me for questions or Acr barrel conversions (remove spaces)
    templarprecision @ yahoo.com
    To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Just out of technical curiosity, would you be limited to mid-length barrels or would be making your own rifle-length rods for the gas system?

4. Remove Advertisements
    ACRForum.com
    Advertisements

I would prefer midlength setups but if I needed to I could have a custom longer piston made up.

The only bad part would be the hardening on them. I don’t think hardening does much for them but it definitely helps. I’d have to test a few out to see how they do.
    Rest in Peace Franny

Forum Lurker
    Now you have my curiosity up. Would a DMR length 224V be possible? What price range would we be looking at?

Forum Lurker
    Sounds like there might be some interest. Good.
    BigDog couple questions:
    With all your experience do you think there is legitimate sub MOA capability in the ACR?
    If so I think it might be worth using match grade barrels. Might sound weird, but I might like to see a left hand gain twist Bartlein barrel in 224V. Some very interesting stuff out there on the left hand gain twist stuff if you look. Would also make sense to custom head space the barrel.
    Thoughts?

mrtoyz, for what it's worth, my 18.5" factory 5.56 barrel shoots just a hair over half MOA (5/8" group at 100 yards) consistently with Black Hills 77gr OTM. Expensive ammo but great results through the ACR. I'm no expert shooter, nor am I trying to make points with wild claims on Internet forums. Just relating what my rifle has been able to achieve with match ammo. Again, FWIW.

As far as the barrel, most of the cost goes there. I use ar15 barrels for builds so I’d have to know exactly what barrel and the length you are wanting for a quote. The conversions don’t change cost for different calibers, just different gas system lengths. Also stripping down your factory barrel set will save you some serious money too.

With the Acr being capable of sub moa, the dmr is officially rated at sub moa from Remington.

My 14.5” Grendel acr is sub moa as well. I think it’s about .6-.75 moa with Hornady black ammo. Handloads would help too. We took it to a mile as a reference.
    Rest in Peace Franny

Forum Lurker
    Good stuff.
    I need to do a little more research as to barrel length for 224V. Longer is always better but I’d like to see if I can get the velocities I need to maximize its distance using 18”.
    I would not want to scavenge parts, I’d want a compete setup so I can continue to swap out for 556 and 300blk when I get it.
    My current thinking is if the accuracy potential is there, and it is, then why not DO IT, i.e. Bartlien gain twist left hand. Feel free to talk me out of it.

From what I've heard, the thing to worry about with .224 Valkyrie isn't the barrel length, but the twist rate. There have been a lot of issues with some twist rates only working with specific ammo loads and not with others.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Search tags for this page

acr valkyrie accuracy

acr valkyrie conversion

Click on a term to search for related topics.